Would you ever disobey your family?

In any situation. It can be with who you marry, the career you chose instead, etc
me personally I can care less what my family thinks. I can marry whoever I want, even if they don't like it. I come from a pretty racist family. To me their opinions don't matter. My mom remarried a Hispanic guy and my dads side lost their minds. I'm so happy for her. He is the greatest guy. My dads side would probably never talk to me again if I didn't marry a white man. My moms side is Croatian so her culture doesn't care. My dads is Albanian is obviously does.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 7

• I don't "obey" or "disobey" my family because I don't answer to them.

I come from a VERY large family (perks of being Latino, I guess) and I don't talk to almost any of them. The only one whose opinion actually matters to me is my mom. The rest can piss off if they "disapprove" of what I do or who I'm with.

• My family doesn't care what career path I choose or who I marry (or if I marry because I don't want to get married) or who I date, or that I don't want kids. They just want me to be happy, and that is what makes them good parents.

• I'd "take it under advisement..." I wouldn't let them stop me from loving who I love. I let them have far too much control over my life to date already.

• Do what going to make you happy, when they see that your at peace and happy they will understand why you did what you did, if not fuck them.

• I will always do what makes me happy. I'm selfish in that sense. I do whatever I want. In fact, I have this plan to write a book about how Albanians truly are. I want it to be extremely controversial. I also want to give other Albanian women the power and confidence to not listen to their parents (over racism) and to make their own life choices

• good, Then you every know what you're going to do.

• This is not disobedience, this is discontentment. Preference

• I know. That's why I don't care what they think. My happiness is more about theirs. In fact Albanians are more about reputation than anything. I have this plan to write a book about how Albanians truly are. I want it to be extremely controversial. I also want to give other Albanian women the power and confidence to not listen to their parents (over racism) and to make their own life choices

• I disobey a lot...

• I do it all the time. In fact, I have this plan to write a book about how Albanians truly are. I want it to be extremely controversial. I also want to give other Albanian women the power and confidence to not listen to their parents (over racism) and to make their own life choices

• I think it would be so funny

• yes I had to, many times, my mother was cray cray

• I have this plan to write a book about how Albanians truly are. I want it to be extremely controversial. I also want to give other Albanian women the power and confidence to not listen to their parents (over racism) and to make their own life choices

What Girls Said 5

• I care about my mothers opinion of me. I hold that opinion very highly. But at the end of the day I have to do righT by me and go with my gut feelings and have some balls. If I want something; I chase it. I go and I get it. I don't need her permission. As far as everyone else in my family I've made it very clear that they can't control me haha I wear what I want, eat what I want, go where I want etc. I don't care if I offend them it's just that I'm way too young to care at this point. I want freedom, happiness, a good future. I don't need weird family bullshit in my life.

• I don't even get along with my family, so yeah I am not letting them play any part in what I do with my life. I could care less what they think.

• All my family cares about is reputation

• Yep. it's all about men having control of and making decisions for women especially. I feel the same way about race and all. I even prefer Asian men sometimes so I'm all for interracial dating/marriage. :)

• Don't get me wrong. I love a dominating man, but there is no way in hell someone is going to stop me from marrying someone else

• I always take what my family says into consideration if their opinions make sense and are reasonable, but I'm the one who makes the decisions, it's my life.

• Haha yeah, but my family aren't strict at all anyway so I don't need to often. I've sexted despite my Mum telling me not to do that ever, but she knows and is pretty chill about it although she doesn't approve. And my Mum's kinda biphobic and doesn't want me to date bisexual guys 'cause she thinks they'd cheat on me; but if I liked a bisexual guy I'd still go out with him

• yeah i have.