Girls, do you take into consideration your mom's advise on selecting your boyfriends?

Does your mom opinion really makes a difference on accepting or rejecting someone? Let's assume you don't really like a guy who asked you out but your mom thinks he's a great guy. What you girls say?

• not at all
    30% (13)
  • somehow if I'm not sure
    42% (18)
  • yes it does
    28% (12)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

16

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes not just because she is my mother, but because we are very similar. My mum has loads of life experience and dating experience, and she knows what you need to make it work. She has given me lots of advice about the topic, not forced advice, just advice and I have chosen to take it on board.

For example, she told me that it is fine to 'mess around' or have fun with someone based on their attractiveness when you're young but just know that it won't work out in the long term if they do not have my desired personality. Also, she always places stress on the fact I need to find my intellectual equal. She says you will want to engage in intellectual conversation with someone who will challenge you, not just nod and agree with everything you say.

What Girls Said 15

• I wouldn't take my mother's opinion into consideration AT ALL. We have a very bad relationship, it's been like this for years, her opinion doesn't mean anything to me. I honestly would even care more about what my cats think of my boyfriend. I know this may sound harsh but it's reality.

• "B" for me. It really depends on the situation. The last time I had a guy pursuing me, my mom absolutely did not mind (and she doesn't have many guys she approves for me).
    Problem was, my gut already had negative feelings beyond friendship with this guy and I thought it through, spoke to the mom about it, and we all agreed it would be better to remain friends.

Turns out, he wanted more than that so he did the obvious; unfriended me. In real life.

So yes, I think mom has good advice to share, but in the end you kinda already know in your heart to decide if this guy is the one for you.

About the guy... well, that is another story to learn and laugh about. ;)

• Absolutely not. If I don't like him, I'm not going out with him. If I'm not sure about him, I'm not going out with him. If mom thinks the dude's so awesome, SHE can date him.
    I don't give my trust out easily, though. If I think someone's worth dating, that's my choice, not hers. If I get hurt, it's on me, not her. If everything's amazing and wonderful, that's awesome, and she still doesn't get a say in the matter.

• No, my mom thinks opposite of how i do. The only thing thats important t her is religion, which is not important to me at all, and I don't need her to choose someone for me based on her beliefs.

• No, my mom doesn't exactly have a history of picking the best boyfriends. I would care what she thought of him but at the end of the day I'm with him, not her. I'm smart enough to make decisions about who I should date

• I would have a good hard think about what my parents say. They are more wiser and have experienced more then I could ever have at my age. So I would take it on board. Yes.

• Eh lets just say that I have my own tastes in guys and my mom has her own tastes. What she values in a potential partner is quite different than what I value and all she does is tell me that I don't need a guy anyway or discourage me in some way from dating. I love my mom and we have a great relationship but I usually don't take her advice on guys and I will date and commit to who I want.

• My mom hates everyone, so no. But I'd never date any guy who doesn't respect my, or his mom. because he won't respect me neither in the future, and my mom is my heart.

• I trust both my parents' judgements. Yes we disagree on just about anything, but they've had so much more experience, and they genuinely just want to help because they're my parents. So yes, I do consider what both my mom and dad say.

• At the end of the day it's my choice, but my mum usually spots people I keep on my life and get on with. So I'd appreciate it because we think alike and it would be useful :)

• parents can always see things better so yes

• If I don't like him I don't like him, simple as that.
    If I brought a guy home and my mum didn't like him she would have a good reason and I'd probably agree

• I personally think it does when a girl is older rather than younger.
    Because females tend to rebel against their mothers pre-teen through teen years and possibly even older.

• I listen to her opinion but, I'm an adult and I make my own decisions.

• a little bit.