What does "a clear rejection is always better than a fake promise" mean to me from my ex-friend?

What does "a clear rejection is always better than a fake promise" mean? the quote was posted by my ex-friend in twitter after i met her few times 1 year after a breakup of our relationship. we dated few times before breakup. I'm just curious to know what this means to me?

Most Helpful Girl

• if i ask you out i want you to say NO in no uncertain terms if you're not interested so i can move on. instead of trying to be nice or give false hope so I don't know wtf is going on and i water time thinking you're interested but not ready.

would you want anything different?

What Girls Said 4

• she wants you to come out and say it if you want her, not lead her on

• It means thanks for the honesty.

• I agree with that; it means it's better to let someone know from the start that they don't have a chance with you, if they have feelings for you and you don't feel the same. Because then at least they're not left waiting for something to maybe happen and then crushed later on after hoping it will for a longer time

• it's better to just let her down than keep her hopes up.

What Guys Said 0