Why do people still think men should chase women?

I don't get it... people still think it should be like in the film: boy meets girl... boy showers girl with affction... buys her chocolate and beg her for forgiveness when things turn sour...

Do you know it's supposed to be the other way round?

Women are supposed to chase men... Women are programmed to be Feminine (i. e chase) whilst men are programmed to be Masculine (i. e Lead).

Most Helpful Girl

• Meh. You have to put yourself out there no matter what gender you are. I don't really understand the chasing thing. Like if you like the other person you should just be like "I like you" and then can be like "I like you too" or "thanks but I don't like you". What's the point of playing games and being all "DO I like you or am I a terrible person?"

http://i.giphy.com/mrz2IcrPnGiSA.gif

Besides don't guys like to say they're the "hunters" of the hunter gather dynamic? If that's true shouldn't guy's brains be wired to hunt things they want?

What Girls Said 7

• Nobody is forcing you to chase anyone, love.

But if you don't take initiative to pursue what you want in life, don't come back whining about not having a girlfriend.

Women chase men all the time. Just not those they're not attracted to. :p

• EXACTLY.

I've had many GFs, FWBs and dates.

If you go chasing a woman like a lost lost puppy, you'll delude yourself into thinking she "Might" like you... on the other hand when you a girl chases you, you can be 100% sure she likes you.

Women DON'T chase men "all the time" ... what a lie lol

• Once someone starts throwing the word bitch around just let it go. They're insecure in their masculinity and are not going to listen to reason.

• lol leaders dont have people chasing them... they work for the people. haven't you ever had a tour guide...

• i dont think leading or chasing belongs in a partnership. its a partnership not an ownership.

• requires one member to 'guide'. both people are equal members neither one isa paying the other to 'guide;. they sort it out together.

• where is it you think a leader 'takes' things?

• if you want pussy then thats what you should do. Why do people think that all girls should look like supermodels and be used and abused by men and then call it normal or human nature. If it's natural for men to love every vagina they see then it should also be natural for you to shower them with gifts.

• Lol... because you're all "entitled to gifts" because you've got a vagina... nice.

• You can try doing that and see how it works for you.

• It works brilliantly... I come across as less of a wuss.

• We can't change everyone. Obviously many girls feel this way because there are still many guys who don't mind chasing girls. So if they know they can get what they want without working for it, why would they wanna do it. I'm not talking about myself but this view is generally about the chasing game thing.

• I don't know for other women, but I want a guy to chase me because I want to date a man... someone who'll be assertive, the leader, provider, protector... (not saying I wouldn't work or anything, and would want him to respect me/care for me, but definitely want him to be man of the house)

• its just how humans are. men chase women.

What Guys Said 5

• Man and woman were created very differently one from the other. And it is the natural role of the man to be the pursuer, and for the girl to be the follower.

• LOL, women DO chase men!! Except they don't have to run to do it!

• One word Feminists.

• Beats me. It's stupid in my opinion

• Are you using FACTS?