Is it racist to only want to date your own race?

I am a White guy who only dates his own race. I cannot help who I feel attracted. But people think I am racist for being attracted to my own race. Has anyone else suffered the same demonization? Is it racist?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't feel like this is racist. There are very few nonblack men I'm attracted to and I would rather be with someone of my culture

What Girls Said 25

• It's personal preferences, doesn't mean you're racist at all. It's not like you hate or disrespect other races.

• I don't think it's racist. You're not saying that you hate other races, or shaming them or anything like that. You're just not attracted to them. People have told me the same thing, lol.

There are people here who are not white and they say they only want to date white people, and even they get accused of being racist.

• No it's not. People have tend to call racism on many things that aren't actually about race thanks to the media these days.
    I highly doubt if you met an amazing woman who happened to be black and looked nice you would shun her.
    Going out of your way or being hurtful towards a woman to reject her advances because she's black would be racist.
    But if I black woman, who was rude, dressed badly, was drunk, was mean, was stupid or any other reason you wouldn't want to date a woman no matter the color wanted to date you and you said no. It doesn't make you a racist, her color isn't the issue its her personality.
    You're allowed to have preferences as long as you respect others that don't fall within them

• I like to talk to people of all races, but I make it known that I only like white females. :)

• There's no reason to make it known. Then you will seem racist. Just let your preferences speak for themselves

• No, I don't thin it's racist.

• Its your preference doesn't mean you're racist

• It's not racist, it's a preference.

• No, it's just a preference

• There's nothing wrong with prefer if your own race. But to say you only find one race attractive is kind of ignorant. An refusing to date people outside of your race (regardless of if you find them attractive or not) is a little racist

• How is it ignorant?

• That's great because now you have an even broader horizon of women

• I will definitely keep my options open. :)

• no.. thats not racist... there is no harm in having a prefrence..

• I think it's okay not everyone is going to be attracted to everybody... I don't think it's racist unless your putting down down other races and it doesn't seem like that u just like what u like

• No it's not racist. I prefer my race, as well. Just a preference. Like some people like redheads. Is that evil for brunettes or blondes? Nope, just a preference.

• Oh no, it's a preference.

• No, everyone has preferences. Being attracted to a certain thing doesn't make them racist.

• Nope. As long as you don't make hateful comments on those who do

• No I used to only date white guys, I would refuse to date a different race, just thought it was weird I guess. But now I am dating a black guy.

• That's fine, it's just your preference.

• I'm not attracted to my own race... Is that racist?

• To be honest, it's not. It's not a loss either.

• No, just a perfernce...

• It depends on your views on race and any prejudices that influence your decision. Your attractions and preferences in any situation could be influenced by latent racism, yes. Its not at all rare. However, there's no real way for us to know all that is your psychological experience.

Im the opposite, I'm black and I'm rarely into black guys. That could be racist, depending on the person. I don't feel that racism against black guys factors into it in my adult life.

• Who do you prefer?

• Perhaps you're just attracted without any outside force or learned ways affecting you?

• Well, I can see how you would think that. However, I don't believe thats likely for anyone, to an extent, to be honest. And even if it were possible, everyone has far too many imposing social, economic, etc. factors on our psychological development, that no one could really claim (or at least logically argue, with evidence) that something like racial preference was completely uninfluenced by anything in development because we haven't had that kind of environment for humanity, in which there are not strongly imposing factors that communicate varying messages, since a certain point in human evolution, if that environment ever existed in the first place. But thats just how I view things. I think most people probably do think they "just feel that way" without anything influencing them.

• You aren't racist for not wanting to date outside your race but it's a little weird when you don't even find a small percentage of other races to be attractive. It makes you sound like you feel superior.

• Its a preference not racist I also never dated out of my race

• You like what you like you can't help that.

As long as you don't disrespect them they should have no problem anyways

But your opinion is your opinion

So don't mind what others say because it is most likely just a person passing through that later on down the road or even right now has little to no importance to you.

• Not, racist.

• it depends on the "why" part of it. but otherwise no i dont think its racist.

• The why part?

• I only find white females to be attractive.

• k then thats not racist

What Guys Said 15

• As the cast on Avenue Q so lovely puts it, we're all a little racist.

So to answer your question as asked: Yes, it is.

Is this a problem? Probably not a huge one in and of itself. It IS important to be aware that you've got those prejudices, and to be careful when considering any policy that affects other races. Are you in a position of authority where you might (even unconsciously) benefit your own race over others, for example? That's much more of a problem, if you don't take care. Do you support institutions that end up promoting racial inequality? ... do you know if you do?

If you want to offset some of your natural racism, read up on racial politics! If you keep abreast of minority authors, I think you can get away with dating people from your own (probably majority) social background :)

PS - if you really want, I'll dig up an article about how we're all a little racist, if you don't want to just take a musical's word... song for it.

• Oh crap what is this world coming to. How far has political correctness corrupted our world view. How could it ever be racist to date your own race. That is the most natural thing to do. On the other hand, it can be argumented that it is racists to date outside of your race because you are potentially messing up that race's genetical inheritance.

• Some will say it's just a preference. Others (brainwashed leftist shitlords) will say it's racist. Fuck em. There's nothing wrong with you.

• If thats what your'e attracted to then thats what it is and nothing wrong with that. I would say just don’t go out advertising that to friends and everyone else, thats whats making it sound racist. Thats your business and no one else needs to be concerned with that.

• I do t think its racist at all. But I don't think you should close the door to every race. Besides today there are a lot of mixed people and most times you cannot tell which race they are

• as long as u respect other races no

• Its not racist at all

• lmao. who the hell would think you're racist for that?

• There was a question exactly like this asked by a girl and here's what I said:

If I talk about the anatomy of a horse, does that make me a horse lover? - say this to everyone who calls you racist.

• It's racist if you expect other white people to feel the same way.

• That's not racist!

• Maybe not racist, but definitely along the lines of intolerant/ignorant.

• No it is not.

• No, and i applaud you on it. Not too many men that would be so loyal to their own inheritance and value their bloodline. Sadly there's only a few people like you the others are all sheep and persuaded by the media's false lies and propaganda that dating within your race is somehow wrong and racist. Congrats and i hope more men were like you. Sadly know one gives a fuck about preserving their inheritance. That leaves just me and you.

• Only if that's the reason WHY you're dating them. Basically, if you're doing it out of spite or something. You should like them for them, not for their race