Whenever a girl likes me I always assume that there must be something wrong with her. How to stop thinking that way?

Whenever a girl likes me I always assume that there must be something wrong with her. I don't understand why she would like me over who else is available because most of the time they usually don't. It's unusual for a girl to like me, or at least for me to be aware of it. One time this girl liked me and she was basically a bit of a religious nutcase to be perfectly blunt and was hell bent on educating everyone about her faith. Needless to say I wasn't interested.
The other times that girls have been interested I have either found reasons to believe that they don't like me or come to the conclusion that there must be something wrong with them even though I don't have any evidence to support that, I just try to push them away.
I tend to crush on girls that are simply unattainable. Not in the looks department, just ones who are at a distance that I know I won't talk to because I don't know them and I am scared to approach.
How do I change?

Most Helpful Guy

• be confident bro... u r not ugly to everyone!

• I don't think I'm ugly anymore. I know I'm not stunning, I'm fairly average I think. I have a bit of an inferiority complex still but I just assume there's something wrong with them.

What Girls Said 1

• you have to raise your self esteem.

What Guys Said 0