Would you date a girl with an eating disorder?

so my boyfriend says he won't date me because I am anorexic

Most Helpful Guy

• Well that's pretty f**ked up of him. Talk about kicking you while your down. Shows how much he loves you doesn't it?

If she realizes that she has a problem and wants help, then yes I would date a girl with a eating disorder. It's the same rule I have for women who are drug addicts, alcoholics, or whatever. I'm not going to hold it against you as long as you're trying to help yourself. If you're going to continue to be self destructive though, then I'm not going to be around.

What Guys Said 7

• I wouldn't date a girl with an eating disorder who refused to get help and face it. I have seen it weaken other people's lives and I wouldn't want to be a part of it.

• I wouldn't date her, but I'd give any other support she might want if I can provide it.

• No I wouldn't date a girl with an eating disorder. I need a girl to be happy with herself and healthy. Not too much to ask.

• no I would never do it, but if I knew her...I'd go out of my way to get her help for the eating disorder. It's just the right thing to do.

• Nope never

• If you didn't want to get help, probably not.

• never...

What Girls Said 3

• Whatever yo, that's really messed up. I don't think that he's taking it seriously, he'll just dump you because you have an eating disorder? What people, especially guys, don't realize is that eating disorders really aren't a choice, they're not just a way of life.. you have to deal with it and with your boyfriend saying he'll break up with you he obviously doesn't realize that that will only make you feel worse about yourself. You should tell him your willing to get help, show him that you don't want to lose him. It will be hard but you have to make a compromise, maybe he's scared he's going to lose you either way.. You have to show him that you care about what he thinks.

• if I was a guy I wouldn't mind as long as it wouldn't affect your life and its not so serious..

but if ure a beautifull gurl who happens to be skinny then id suggest he gets you help instead of dumping you,thats ofcourse if he cares. eitherway maybe you should go to a doctor and seek help, whether your boyfriend wants to be with you still or not, its your health and you should takecare of yourself and love yourself for who you are!

• Are you aneroxic? Or does he just "think" you are?

-And instead of breaking up he should try to help you because that's horrible :(