What did I do wrong on my first date?

Ok so I started chatting to this guy on a dating website and after a few messages back and forth we decided to meet up for a drink. I thought the date went really well there were no awkward silences I was asking questions he was asking questions it just seemed to flow really nicely - at the end of the date he walked me back to my car said that next time we should do dinner or something a hug was exchanged and we parted ways. Nice sounding date right? The next few days were followed with a few Facebook message conversations but then when I suggested we hang out again he stopped talking to me - I know he saw the message because Facebook lets you know when messages have been read - what did I do wrong?

Most Helpful Guy

• yup nothing wrong... but can u imagine wot make him go distant?

What Guys Said 6

• Based upon your description, you did nothing wrong, unless he had some expectation that you were going to be begging him for sex. What are the other facts at work here?

• The truth can be a bitter pill to swallow. Odds are he found someone else who was a better match for him.

• Maybe he went on another date that went better. Who knows.

• Probably nothing. Couple questions though, did you have an realistic profile picture? And did you or him make first contact? And who divided on where to go?

• Yeah profile picture is realistic at least I think so haha. I made contact first but he asked to meet and decided where to go

• He could just be busy and forgot that you message him. I would send him a message just asking a generic question, "how was your day?"

• a million things can have happened. he didn't have time. an emergency came up. he found another girl. he saw a redflag in you but behaved nicely to not insult you that night. he was discouraged by something. he has a mental illness. who knows... .

What Girls Said 2

• if it was the first time y'all saw each other maybe he had different expectations, but that's fine. you can keep dating and someone will get there that won't let you go

• Give it a little more time. If he doesn't contact you in 4 days, then move on.