What does it mean if he gives up his religion?

So my boyfriend is (was) a Muslim and im a catholic. Today he gave up his religion for good so that we could be together without interruptions. I appreciate the gesture, but religion is a huge thing.
What does this sort of sacrifice mean?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 8

• For a muslim I say it is a very big thing.

• It means that he didn't believe anything to begin with.
    Because if you lived with a definite conviction about something you would not give that up for anything.

• just for u? really good sign!

• It could mean he wanted to be with your without his religious getting in the way. Or he decided on his own to give it up.

Also, religion isn't huge for everybody, just gonna throw that out.

• It means he loves you enough to risk his life.

• Honestly Muslims aren't allowed to convert. A true Muslim family is obligated to kill him and you for luring him away from that religion. I wouldn't trust a Muslim with my life.

• good. i agree with kda

• wow he loves you. won't his parents and relatives be mad at him? muslims are very strict with teir religion. he got against the whole world for you.

• @zombiehunter good point. they should normally kill him and her acording to their harsh law.

• yeah i mean there is this middle eastern exmuslim pornstar girl in america and she daily receives death threats from middle east! and its not surprising at all if they actually send someon eventually, or they mobilize some local fanatics that live in her region... .

• well you are a christian aren't you? if you were, you wouldn't be afraid to die for your faith. you'll actually go ot heaven as a martyr. your boyfriend too if he accepts Christ be fore he is killed. but i dont think they'll push it that far.

What Girls Said 5

• are you sure about that? changing religion is strictly forbidden in islam. it means he faces getting death threats and possibly losing is life for it.

• Means he must be pretty serious about you.

• Well he's muslim (was) you're catholic. I mean I know Muslims believe highly of their faith. And are you sure he's telling you the truth. He could risk his family and his home. He could easily become a disgrace. And he's willing to give up all that for you. ?

• That you guys are stupid 15 year olds and shouldn't give up something like that for a S. O in your tween years.

• Yes so stupid just for finally making our own decisions

• I know many couples who started at 13 years old and are now married with children.

• Okay. Well then best of luck. Hope he didn't give up his religion and his way of life for nothing then.

• he really loves you.