Should I let my boyfriend pay for food when he offers to?

I personally prefer sharing the bill equally, because i feel that since we are both not working (we're 19)... and we are still using our parents' money.
Also, i don't want him to feel that i am taking advantage of him.

Most Helpful Guy

• Firstly, you are awesome.

He probably feels like it's something he needs to be doing to be The Man in the relationship. Try talking to him and see what he says, but you need to be prepared that this is something that you might just need to let go.

What Guys Said 5

• Offer to share the bill, and insist, but if he keeps going on, then just let him pay.

• You say that you prefer sharing.
    Then do what you prefer to do.

• I would say yes, simply out of courtesy. If he offers then surely he wants you to not worry about it, otherwise he wouldn't ask right?

• Of course. He is the gentleman.

• If you feel most comfortable paying for your own food then I think you should continue doing so. If he ever brings it up simply tell him you think it's fair.

What Girls Said 2

• Not every time he offers, but maybe from time to time. sometimes he pays, other times you do and other times you share it :)

• Yeah you should let him.