Atheist/agnostic people: would you date someone who is religious?

I personally couldn't. We're too different. We see life totally different. And I despise organized religion.
Could you date a religious person? Someone who actively believes and goes to church and such?

• yes no problem at all
  • maybe but it would be difficult
  • definitely not

Most Helpful Guy

• I doubt it that religious people would date atheists in the first place.

• That's true, but some don't mind agnostics

• Yeah maybe.

• Not true. I concede that it's a small sample size, but most in my circle of friends are agnostic to atheists and many have dated and even married religious people, myself included (dating not marrying haha). It's a new world, people have adapted. You can't let something so small as a belief system, unless the belief system is HUGE part of your life (read: mormons et al), screw up your relationships

What Guys Said 9

• It depends on how religious she is. If she's a religious zealot who will constantly preach to me every minute on how I should accept Jesus Christ as my lord and saviour then No, I would not date her. But if she's reserved in her belief and don't try to convert me then I could date her.

I'm alright with religious people, it's only when they try to push their belief on me that I then get impatient with them.

I'm agnostic by the way.

• A person who does not believe in God can never have a true understanding of the word Love. If God is Love, how can a non believer define love.

• I like that MHO here

• When I think of love I think of my mom who I love more than anything else, I think of taking care of her in her illness and writing her I love you notes and setting them by the coffee maker so she sees them in the morning. I think of doing anything for her and thinking about her everyday, forgiving her for anything she's ever done and loving her unconditionally.
      I know what love is.

• @asker god isn't a man that's the wrong people believe God can't be a man coz men die eat and like us god is something like no other that's why he's god or Allah (Allah is very special word in Arabic and it differs from God coz there might be like the god of games like amoung people but Allah is God who isn't a man or something like him he's the only one and nothing is like him)

• Probably not.
    Finding a religious person who goes to church is really really hard to find here though, luckily.

• yeah but only if she eats pork

• Definitely not.

• I'd prefer not to but that's a hard standard to maintain given the demographics.

• I don't mind!

• I voted B just to see what the votes are.

• Date? Yes.

Marry? LMFAO... no... haha... lol

What Girls Said 3