Should a 17 year old girl and a 21 year old guy date?

Most Helpful Girl

• When you think about a four year age difference for older people it is not really a big deal because it is a smaller ratio of their life, however, for someone as young as 17 I would say probably not. I would definitely be concerned about the guy's intentions because 17 is sort of a fragile age for girls where they are starting to look for a real relationship, and they are very vulnerable to falling in love, and most likely, the older guy is thinking about sex first.
    If you even just consider the logistics of how that relationship would work, it's most likely not a happy ending, because you are approaching high school graduation and starting to think about college. Whereas, he is just graduating from college and starting to think about finding a job, so he will probably be moving soon. Also, you wouldn't really have much in common, and the intelligence levels are very different, so there wouldn't be much to talk about.

What Guys Said 20

• Where I live this wouldn't be weird. So, according to my context, there are no problems. It really depends on where you live, if people care or if they don't give a fuck.

• wait till she turns 18 they can hold off a little bit can't they?

• It is a bit of a gap but not insurmountable.

• if it's legal y not?

• I did that.

• If you want to get him arrested

• I think it would be better if she dated someone closer to her age but if she's over the age of consent where she lives then I think it's fine

• That's not smart!

• I don't see anything wrong with it. What's the age of consent in your country? If it's 18 and you really, really want to play it safe, then wait with sex until you're 18.

• you can date whomever you feel love and attraction for, there are no rules to love someone, your emotions dictate that.

• In the states its not legal. And if he has sex, with you it is a felony for him. Which n you grow up you will wonder why a man would want a teenager? I know why. Because he is a child predator.

• Why not thats not to far apart plus the girl is prob. More mature

• Hmmm... Can you wait?

• wait till she turns 18

• No, not at all.

• why not? 4 years is not to much, but you know no sex before 18 ))

• Yes and even if you were a little younger. Fuck society and their fucked up rules im 19 if i found an interesting girl that happened to be 15 id date her too. Dont let these sheep judge you because they can't think for themselves. Date him, and fuck the haters.

• Probably not, but I can't stop you

• nope... for me that's a gap.

• The difference is not that big.

What Girls Said 18

• Four years isn't a bad age difference to me.
    It just looks bad because you're still in highschool.
    He's able to go to club, bars, legally drink, smoke etc.
    but if you both have a lot in common , go for it. Especially since you are the age of consent.

• Probably not the best idea to date guys in their 20s until you're out of high school and have ventured at least a little into adulthood, just because there's a profound difference between a person probably in their junior year of college and someone in their junior year of high school.

• You should not have any sexual contact until you're 18, if you really want to be with him. Otherwise, I don't approve of it.

• yeah.. sure.. :)

• Depends if your parents and his parents are ok with it in my opinion. They know your level of maturity better than pretty much anyone else.

• There's nothing wrong with it, obviously legalities might cause issues, but apart fro, that it's fine

• Hell no
    .
    .
    .

• You can, just don't have sex. Then it would be seen as statutory rape.

• Its only if u think your relationship is good and you understand each other and put your trust in each others hands. So really think about what you want in a guy and how you wanted to be treated by the guy.

• I don't see a problem with it. Though I wouldn't date a guy that old

• Yes. Nothing is wrong with that if they lpve each other!

• That's too big a gap no

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... lose contact till your 18, then even then he prob a creeper for dating a minor.

• Yes you can

• 16 my boyfriend turned 21 just over 1 weeks ago

• Yeah you should be able to

• ok, so different people of different ages have different expectations. think about how much you really like him, and how much you like him. you are almost an adult so it is up to you about what you can do. you really aren't that far apart. 4 years isn't that much. you also need to think maturity. is he mature enough for you and vice versa?

• also i believe that id he has sex with you and you or someone in your family wanted to go to court for it, he could be help accountable for rape.

• not a big deal.

• I dated someone who was 21 when I was 17 so I'm no one to judge, would I do it again probably not.