Can I Call My Ex? Please Help Me Out Ladies!

I am so in love with her and still feel like she is the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. We broke up about 2 months ago because of a bad argument and frustration that was built up over trying to move passed the fact that I slept with someone else. We were never officially "exclusive" because we didn't believe in titles. But I knew she wasn't seeing anyone else and I knew what I did was a mistake and it hurt her deeply. She tried moving past it because she felt that is was never my obligation to be faithful. I did what I did because at the time I was being a fool and convinced myself she didn't feel as deeply as I did, but I was wrong. So anyway...we broke up after having been together almost a year and she would not give me the time of day at first. She would ignore every call, text, or email. If I did manage to get a response it was an angry one telling me to leave her alone and she never wanted to speak to me again. After awhile I decided to give her the time she needed to heal. A month and a half later was her bday and I text and asked if she would accept a gift from me and it was the start of her starting to respond to me again. That was November 3 and I left her the gift (didn't see her) and she text me that she loved it and thought the card was thoughtful. I haven't called her since then. But I have been emailing and texting here and there and she responds very nicely. I wrote her an email week after her bday and she told me it was the most amazing thing anyone has ever written to her. I text her "I love you" short time after and she text me back "Thank you. I know you do. I love you too". She still is not at a place where she feels she wants to see me, but I want to know if I can possibly try calling her again and when would be the perfect time to do that. Is she opening up to me slowly? And do you think she will answer this time?

I want her back and will do whatever it takes to show her I will always be there for her.

What Girls Said 2

• You should be willing to make it exclusive if that's what she wants. You need to tell her how you feel, let her know that you know it was a mistake. Many people won't get passed the fact that you cheated and I can honestly tell you that now that you've done it once, it's always going to be on her mind whenever you say you're out with friends our whatever. She's going to be jealous around other girls, I can tell you to say goodbye to the girl you cheated on her with if she's still in your life because that's not going to fly. But yeah, you do have a chance of getting back with her. I would say at least text her once a day, you don't want her to think you're over it. Call her in a couple of days.. 3 or 4 maybe. Just let her know how you feel and how deeply you regret what you've done, you can't say that too much.

• We were sort of exclusive without saying so. I wanted to be exclusive and she didn't like titles so I just let us flow together. But I got insecure and it's why I did what I did. She knows I'm sorry about that and so I want to build something new and don't want to bring up my past mistakes. In the email I sent I explained how much I've learned from her and the situation. But thanks for the positivity. It gives me hope!

• Have you told her that?

If a person I loved cheated on me, I'd be hurt. But if they were honestly sorry for what they did and wanted to spend the rest of their life with me, then I'd give it another shot.

You're on the right track. Just keep being gentle and persistent.

What Guys Said 0