Would you date a surgeon?

I am about to finish my graduate studies in order to become a cosmetic surgeon. Granted, I still have a long way to go. I am trying to date right now and the vast majority of women I meet seem to be intimidated about my success. Granted, I am not a surgeon yet. However, I am about to finish school with almost no debt. I would also think that since I will eventually working 60 hours a week on average (for cosmetic surgeons) that a woman might think that I will not have time for her

19

Most Helpful Girl

• When I first started reading your question I was wondering why you'd ask such a question but then as I continued reading I understood. Yeah intimidation can bite a lot of people in the ass. I wouldn't mind dating a surgeon but honestly I probably wouldn't find out what you did for a living much farther down the line since I have no interest in how much someone makes because I'm not expecting you to support me so how much money you make means nothing to me. But the type of job that you have can be intimidating to me because I'll assume you are looking for a girl to match you in achievements and drive. I'm not saying I have no ambition it's just that I'd be scared and insecure of the idea of not measuring up to your expectations of me so probably end up disqualifying myself from the get go.

What Girls Said 18

• A COSMETIC surgeon? Probably not. I think I would just find it really hard on my self esteem since he looks at what's wrong with people all day. While I love myself, I know I have cosmetic flaws and I don't think I could handle the idea that he was sitting there weighing those flaws.

• ... No debt? That's incredible! I'm studying to be a cardiac or general (haven't decided yet) surgeon. So yes, I would.

If you intimidate women, it will be hella tough to find a guy :T I would think women woild jump for the opportunity to date your. Smart, successful and probably decent personality...

• I would happily marry one. Preferably a cardiologist. I can ask him so many questions, help him any way I can etc

• I'll skip. They have affairs with their patients/ date their patients.

• Absolutely -it's an admirable profession. Honestly, the bit that really got me was "about to finish school with almost no debt" -a guy who's intelligent, driven, financially responsible and has a great career? That is a VERY nice list of pluses.

• Hmm, i would probably be too dumb for him (would be very intimidated by him) and he would work way too much, which sucks.

• NO WAY IN HELL. For personal reasons and I could never get somebody like that interested in me anyways.

• It really depends on his heart

• Hha that's one of my fantasy. I don't know why.

• Yea I would! As long as the guy I'm with loves what he does that's all that's important to me.

• I probably wouldn't

• Hell yeah I would date a surgeon! Where can I sign up?

• People who figure themselves out and get their lives in check are attractive. Too many people are so unsure of themselves/ too lazy.

• Hell yeah it's my dream

• I probably wouldn't but that's just me.

• yes, because it's a career, and it's steady income for he household.

• No offense but FU** NO! My ex was an orthopedic surgeon and that still didn't save him because he still got dumped.

• If you don't mind me asking, why did you end the relationship?

• yeah i would.