Give up on modeling?

I tried my best and i keep getting rejected so im thinking about quitting, im turning 23 and im already too old, i tried sending pictures to modeling agencies through mails. People keep saying you should become one, try it! and it pressures me to try it, but im tired, should i give up on my dream? its also distracting me from work and school, because people keep saying what are you doing here"? you should model? and it makes me feel like im at the wrong place and im ''missing out''

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't give up here, dear, if it is truly your Dream to try it. If it is meant for you to be this Model, then God will make your dreams come true. However, it may take a lot of effort on your own part to succeed. Madonna went to New York and worked in a coffee shop and lived in a small dingy one room shanty before her Good ship Lollipop came in. Today, her music and acting has brought her in millions. Sometimes you have to start at the bottom and with a lot of hard work, work yourself Up to the Top.
    For now, send in all the pictures you can while you are making another dream come true, and that is to continue your education and to continue your job you are in right now so you don't let this fail.
    Bear in mind that you can do these pictures on the side but make up your mind that it Can't deter you from what you are doing now.
    The next time someone says this to you tell them: "I'm waiting for my ship to come in" and smile at them...
    No, not "Too old." A model can model at least to 35 and many others even do makeup and hair before and after.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 10

• Dont listen to what other say... or tell you to do... you should have your own dreams and do what you want to do...

Modeling is not for everyone... i think you should quit modeling.. Maybe its not for you...
    Maybe your dream is based on what other people think about you...

• If it's what you want, you shouldn't let rejection get you down. A lot of successful people have gotten rejected over and over and over and over again.

Great that you have a Plan B, but don't give up just yet. There are many kinds of modelling anyway.

• Also, if everyone (not just yourself and the people close to you) is telling you you have potential as a model, can they all be mistaken?

• It's a stupid "career" , anyways

• 23 is not to old. Lara Stone is 31 and still modeling

• As someone familiar with the modeling business she means it's too old to just begin the industry. Usually models begin when they are teens

• True :/ It's different for male models though, because guys get the better looks in their early 20s most of the time

• Do they give you reasons on why they keep on rejecting you?

• that they have ''a high and sharp eye'' for modeling and im not what they are looking for

• That could mean anything lolz.. you should do whatever you feel is best for your interests.

• Just keep on trying because you are still very young.

• you should do whatever makes you feel happy

• Smile, say thank you and keep going in the direction that you feel is right for you.

• Yes.

Most models barely make anything even the ones who are signed. It's a crappy job that hammers yor self esteem and there's mass scumbaggery in the industry from tons of people who want to sleep with the models.

Add to that the fact you're not being scouted you're in fact being rejected to even be signed up as someone agencies would send out to try to get work. It's not happening and it's not much of a loss.

Your looks can help you in a lot of careers. Looks + other skills are worth a lot more than trying to cash in on wearing clothes well (the real job of a model, NOT being beautiful)

• cut your hair to the shoulders. paint it blonde. put a fake beautymark over the lip. and go and rock their world. it worked for marilyn

• been ere done that

• haha really?

• maybe modelling its not your call in life? maybe these rejections were for your own good actually?

• Send a pic and we can give opinions.

What Girls Said 5

• Keep trying to pursue your dream.
    But continue trying to build on the career you have.
    If the modeling doesn't work out at least u have something more attainable.

• Become an adult model or adult actress (i wonder how many will want to crucify me after this statement)

• And what would that accomplish exactly? I just want to understand your point of view with your comment.

• Well thank you😊I'm glad there was some common ground

• As for the remark above you have your beliefs and I have mine😊

• Always have a backup plan to anything. Have something to fall back on. Even if modelling doesn't work out for you.

• Don't give up on your dream, make up a plan B. I've always wanted to be an actress and was serious about it too. I almost applied to expensive courses because I was really determined and was so sure of what I was doing. Then hearing about other people's experience and the struggles of being an actor it woke me up and made me think more realistically. I chose a different career that I will enjoy doing and I have a better chance at getting into but I didn't give up on acting. I turned it into a hobby. It's something I can do and not worry about being broke because that's all I have.

• I think you should try something new. Maybe start with commercials or an extra in movies. It's really easy to get to be an extra. Then some people might notice you, and they might come to you instead of you going to them. Or maybe it will make it easier on you. I think you're good until you are about 26. By the way, it's okay if you change your paradigm because models are usually some of the most miserable people out there, and end up doing drugs like cocaine and pure caffeine to lose weight. Best of luck though.