Should I have checked in?

I went away for the weekend and never spoke or texted this girl I'm dating. I told her I would text her but I got caught up. And now she want reply or answer my calls. She deleted me of Facebook so I know she's angry. Have I blown it or should I give her a few days to calm down? Would you be annoyed if your boyfriend didn't make contact?

She finally answered and told me not to bother now. That the only reason I'm calling her now is because I am at home and bored. But it isn't like that I really care about her. Should I send her flowers or jewellry or would that piss her off even more?

Most Helpful Girl

• If she made an effort to contact you while you were gone, and you didn't respond that will make her think she's not important to you, and she might even think you're cheating on her. You should try to talk to her or call her, because she's not going to think better of you if you wait a long time, she'll just think you don't care. I would be quite upset if my boyfriend said he would talk to me while he was gone but then never did, because not only does it seem like you don't care, but you also broke a promise, which is a huge breech of trust.

What Girls Said 7

• Well if she tried contacting you and you straight up ignored her then yes I'd be annoyed too. It's not very considerate or friendly. I wouldn't say you've blown it but you'll have to contact her and apologize... the longer you wait and do nothing the higher the chances that she'll say screw it and move on. I mean ignoring her now is just making things worse.

• That seems a little much just because you didn't text her. Wait a little while, and send a text just saying what happened and that you are sorry. Maybe try calling her.

• I would be really upset. But I wouldn't go far as deleting him from fb. I wouldn't answer his calls for a while tho. Its a boy duty to check up on his girlfriend. A simple text will do. Continue to call until she answer cause probably if u stop calling she will continue to ignore u.

• The longer you wait the more angry she will be. Trust me. I think it's best for you to text her, explain the situation and just simply apologize. At that point you have done your job and the rest is up to her.

• For the weekend? No, thjngs happen, especially if she knew you were going away, she should understand. That's dramatic of her and a bit childish.

• She is angry and may have moved on, you may have disrespected her because you made empty promises now she feels that its no use. But give her some space and try again later.

• Yeah you should have.

What Guys Said 3

• maybe yes... she might send u some request again if she's interested :)

• You should have checked in... BUT it sounds like she's overreacting.

So two lessons:

1. Do what you say you are going to do (seriously...), and
    2. Date stable and mature women.

• Wait for her to calm down then try again.