How can I get to connect with this guy more in an emotional way that's different from all the other girls approaches?

Hey!, hope you guys and girls can help me with this guy. So i'm in my second year of studying medicine in a class where the vast majority are girls, like almost 80/20, yeah i know. Anyway there's this guy who is like the alpha male (damn handsome, polite, sporty, tall, strong, well built, super intelligent, just a one in a million guy), so naturally every girl is kinda after him since the very first lecture when we laid eyes on him. He talks to everyone and is just so respectful and helpful to everyone and makes us laugh and has the sweetest smile. Now, since almost every girl has tried to approach him or hit on him over the two years, he tends to be a bit reclusive (bit of a harsh word) and speaks when he is spoken too by classmates... tries to avoid the girls (i think he feels like us girls just see him as a object). He comes a bit late for lectures i think to avoid conversation with some of the girls and sits in the front corner seat and faces away from the class. Some girls try to (sometimes forcebly) to be in the same pratical group as him. Once, during summer (early morning) i saw him sitting on a bench alone looking at the lake (must have sat there staring for at least 3 hours without moving a muscle) and he seemed deeply sad about something (and it seems to be getting worse). I feel like he wants to be with someone who can understand him emotionally. Most of the girls try to flirt with him or try to physically arouse him and i can see that deep down he wants something else. How can i get to connect with him more emotionally and be a friend rather than flirt with him or just causually chat to him. I don't want him to feel like i'm coming on to him. I also feel like he is a bit "old at heart" and is desparitely seaching for someone to connect with. Any advice would be really appreciated, thanks

How can i approach this guy without making him feel uncomfortable

Most Helpful Guy

• is he behavin in a "special" way towards u?

• No... but i feel he is unable to sift out the girls... almost like they all appear the same to him

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Just be natural with him and be yourself... hopefully he will get to see your good qualities

• Maybe he's gay? I don't know. Maybe you should try being his friend first. If girls are constantly after him then try not to approach him that way. It's clearly not working and he might have his guard up. Maybe he needs a friend and not a girlfriend. Maybe he just needs someone to talk to

• you can't force connection, just let it happen.