Is my dating rule too strict?

I don't ever re-date girls who I've broken up with me, and if they cheat it's an automatic break up.

• Way to strict
  • Ease up a little
  • Not too strict
  • Not strict enough
  • Your a dick.

Most Helpful Guy

• spot on actually.

1. breaking up is the end. She broke your trust, and you can't get back what you had. That or you two proved to be incompatible. Trying again won't work.
    So she got her chance, and failed.

2. Cheating is the end too. She violated the very foundations of a relationsh; trust and being monogamous. Likely you can't repair that, nor can you truly forgive her. And if she can do it once, then she's able to do so again (many cheaters have said that the first time is the hardest, and the next times just get easier and easier).

I honestly think this should be the standard. Some things are not meant to be forgiven, and some things are not meant to be. Accept that reality, and live according to it.

What Girls Said 6

• your rules are fine

• There's absolutely nothing wrong with your standards.

• Narh thats good rules! :)

• I see nothing wrong with your rules.

• Not too strict

• Not too strict.

What Guys Said 7

• I voted "B"

I completely understand your point of view. You don't want to date someone you've already been with (that's repetitive and can be trouble) and cheating is infertility. With this being said, you should make exceptions, which is why I do think you should "ease" a little on your rule.

Re-dating can work out. Maybe you will find out you liked her better a second time? Maybe you guys can work out your problems this time a year? Maybe one of you changed? As far as cheating, some cheaters do change. I think most cheaters are persistent but I believe anyone has a possibility of changing. My uncle cheated on his first wife and after they divorced, he swore it would never happen again. So far, I'm certain he has been clean and hasn't done it again.

To answer your question, I do think your dating rule is a little too strict but it's not too bad.

• I am with you a 100%

• Not too strict. Cheating is a no-no because you can't ever get a solid guarantee it won't happen again. And a break up is a break up in most cases, so yeah.

• seems fair

• there's nothing wrong with your rules.

• Nothing wrong with this. I would do the same

• seems like common sense