Girls, how much money would a man need to make for you to seriously consider dating him?

Not your ideal guy just what you will seriously consider dating and possibly ltr.

• I really Don't care even if he is unemployed
    13% (5)
  • I Don't care as long as he at least as a job. Any job.
    63% (24)
  • Minimum 20k plus benefits
    5% (2)
  • Minimum 35k plus benefits
    0% (0)
  • Minimum 50k plus benefits
    13% (5)
  • Minimum 75k
    0% (0)
  • I want to date the richest man I can find!
    6% (2)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll
How would you say ambition factors into this?

15

Most Helpful Girl

• Why does it seem money is such a big deal for some men?

• Experience with women...

• 100% Agreed!

What Girls Said 14

• Money is always a big deal to men, I think mostly because you're trained that you're supposed to be good providers and such, and there is always some kind of "status symbol" attached to possessions.

I have dated guys that have no job, have a job but not a career and those that have a career. My x-husband went through all three in the span of time we were together and ended up making $165K/yr long before we ever separated. Funny thing with money is it can become an all consuming thing, when it becomes the priority instead of your relationship there's a problem.

Bottom line for me: even if they didn't have a job but were actively looking, going to school etc. something to show they will have some stability in the future - I'd be OK with it. I make good money, but I'm not a meal ticket. I don't expect my SO to pay my bills, buy me expensive thing etc. In fact I told my current partner to not buy me any jewelry.

• Thank you for your opinion. Just fyi its not society training us, its experience dating and being rejected by women.

• I've tried not looking for most of my life, maybe it works for women, not for me...

• My partner wasn't looking either... he's definitely not a woman.

Are you happy with who you are? If not maybe you need to sort that out first

• He needs be able to support himself comfortably and live within his means. That means maintaining a budget with what's leftover after paying necessary bills, not using credit cards in excess, not taking out loans to buy expensive electronics or vehicles he doesn't need, things like that. That's how I live and I think it's fair to expect that of my partner. I don't want to have to end up managing all his finances for him because he doesn't know how to responsibly use a credit card or something.

I wouldn't want a guy who is so obsessed with his career and making money that he gets tunnel vision and lets his personal life go down the drain. I also don't want a guy who constantly mooches from me because he can't hold down a basic job.

• It really depends on the guy for me. The same result may not be due to the same circumstances. For example, if he was working a $25k job while going to school, or if he's just starting out in his field and is paying his dues, that would be far different than, say, someone who takes a low-paying job with the hope of never advancing. Unemployed? Hell, I've been unemployed involuntarily. It sucks, and I can't knock him for that. But living in his mama's basement without a job because he just wants to be "taken care of," it's a no-go. As I have to keep telling one of my guy friends, don't hide behind money like it's a shield that will magically protect you. The girls you'll get will only be out for the money, and once it's gone, so are they.

• So the hope of advancing is more important. What if he is happy where he is?

• As long as he has a job that's taking him somewhere - not selling trinkets at a street corner...

• What about a union job, not that much money, but it comes with benefits and he is able to support himself on it?

• Because I don't know, and I don't have any close female friends that I can ask stuff like this to... Also, I've had some bad experiences with women in the past...

• Also, I was just unclear on what you meant by ambition.

• enough to support his own lifestyle, no min/max amount.

• What if lifestyle was less expensive than yours?

• I've had gfs that were bitter too, bc i couldnt buy them the ecpensive gifts they wanted or afford to go out to eat 3 or 4 times a week.

Basically, would you want to make it work if his lifestyle was less expensive than yours?

• yes, like i said his income doesn't bother me if its lower as long as he is able to support himself with his own life.

• I met a guy, dated him for 5 months, who was seriously into making money. That was more important to him than being in a relationship with me.

• I'm sorry to hear that :(

• Please for the love of Jesus have a job. Preferably ambition too because I am also ambitious.

• I don't see why it really matters unless he can't support himself.

But "dating" and "marrying" might be two different things.

• 35k to 50k

It just shows stability.

If we become serious and he happens to lose his job, I would still stay.

• I put even if he is unemployed. Luckily, i live in Denmark, and it really isn't that hard/bad even if you dont have a job, as you still get money from the government. You get PAID to take an education.

• LOL I am seeing a guy that makes 120K and he is 2 years older than me. he's a really caring guy though and I don't take money from him

• i honestly don't care as long as he has a job and can make me happy :)

• If I have the choice I'd take the guy who's loaded!

• I don't care as long as he has a job.