Is it okay to date someone you have only met online? I met this guy but we live in different states... is it only to date him?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's okay, but you should be aware and prepared for that people can be very different online to what they are in real life. In my experience best is if you can get to know the person a bit more before you meet up. Maybe you have some common online interests (games, questionnaires, youtube vids, etc) that you can do to get to know each other better.

And always when you go out to meet someone, check that your parents or a close friend knows exactly where you are.

What Guys Said 4

• Just be certain you have talked to them on phone or skyped him - If all okay then it might be difficult but it could work.

• do u trust him?

• How old is he? What do your parents think of it? Not wanting to be a downer but you're only 15 which is an age that can make you vulnerable to perverts, even when they seem nice.

Anyway, don't date right away. Meet up with him in a public place first. Go for something to drink or to eat and visit the movies together! If he insists on meeting you at his home, then that's a major no-no in my eyes.

• How old is he?

What Girls Said 3

• Not a good idea.

• If you think he's worth it.

• Not for you.