I feel like every guy under 20 is too immature for me. Is this okay?

I'm only 16 but everytime I talk to a guy around my age and even 18-19 I always end up thinking yeah... this person has some growing up to do. Obviously they're not going to magically turn mature when they hit 20, but it seems generally guys over 20 seems to be more levelheaded then pretentious 19 year olds.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 6

• you're not alone i also have the same mentality. I can't date people my age, their too immature for me.

I need something real that i can fall into when i come home from working on jets or studying. Its a relationship after all not a friends with benefits thing.

• If generally speaking yes you have a point. As for why, well the reason is pretty simple, it's usually in mid twenties when a guy starts thinking about settling, starts to think deeper about his future, and his thoughts and priorities transition from momentary to long lasting, at this point he is independent and capable of making life choices, thus in the proccess making him more mature and level headed. Of course, there are exceptions, some people mature faster at a younger age because life wasn't as generous with them, it didn't give them parents, a hand to feed them, a stable environment etc etc , so they had to learn how cruel life is at a younger age,

• Sure you can feel that way, however it is a little unfair to say every guy is too immature if they are under 20. Some guys are more mature than others even under 20

• I know it's not every guy, I'd definitely give a guy under 20 a chance if he seemed mature [and I've met a few] but it seems like in general most guys at that age aren't

• Yeah it is mostly true for both genders really

• The problem with girls is that they think they are very mature. They are not. They want older men and then when they have one show nothing but their immaturity. Actually they want a mature man to feel more comfortable being immature.

I love girls who stick to dating their own age and don't fear to be immature and be with a man as immature as themselves. Those girls are in fact independent and know how to be friends with a man not like his child. I want a friend not a kid.

• I disagree, but I respect your opinion

• That's because they are immature I'm not going to lie I was there at one point but they don't see things the way older or even females see

• That is true, most if not all are immature however don't rule everyone of them out. There are some, who are mature well beyond their years but the price was the conflict of their past and the robbery of their child hood so for the maturity they paid a price. Remember that!

What Girls Said 3

• Remember this men always age but aging doesn't mean mature. I know men in their 40's and 50's who are so immature it's pathetic. Right now a 20 year old is mature to you because your only 16 but when you get in your 20s you will have a change of heart.

• Yeah, I know as I've met some from pretty immature guys that are older as well, but from what I've seen its they either grow up by 25 or never grow up.

• It's sad A. F. but fact..

• I pretty much understand that. Guys my age are also a bit 'yeahh'. I mean as a friend I think it's funny sometimes, but as relationship it's not that great. I must admit that there are also mature guys of my age though.

• I think it's pretty normal. Just be careful when dating older guys