Second time hanging out with girl and at the end I just kind of bailed?

Hello everyone,

So tonight was the second time i hung out with a this girl i met online, the first time we met up for a drink we hung out for about 2 hours, it went ok for the most part, some awkward moments, but every first date is a little weird right? I did notice i was having a hard time relating to her on this first hang out and finding things for us to talk about, I was doing most of the talking. Anyways so i invited her out to go see a movie with me tonight, one we both wanted to see. We met up we found a seat inside talked for a bit before the movie started it was going ok nothing special. We watch the movie i am having a good time enjoying the movie etc, she just kind of seemed stiff the whole time and seemed to fake/half laugh a few times. After word i needed to go to the bathroom, did that i waited for her to come out as well we once again kind of awkwardly talk on the way out of the theater we start walking toward the direction of where she parked, i stop i asked "so where did you park?" she points over in an area and said "over there" i say "oh ok well i am parked way on the opposite side so, have a good night *hug*" to which she gave me sort of a weird look and just kind of awkwardly waved bye and i turned around and walked in the opposite direction toward where i parked. At the time i didn't think much of it but after i got home part of me felt slightly weird and bad about the way the night ended. It was like i just wanted to get out of the situation as quickly as possible, I don't know. What do y'all think?

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't sound like either of you were hitting it off. If you felt awkward and wanted to leave, she probably did too.

• Ok glad to know i wasn't crazy that's the vibe i felt, i just wanted to make sure i didn't jump the gun and come off like a jerk. I know they say you should go with your gut instinct.

• So at this point should i just stop talking to her or should i do something like "hey it was cool hanging out with you/meeting you but i just ain't feeling it."?

• As i girl we find it really annoying when we talk to or hang out with a guy and then they just disappear from the face of the earth and we never hear from them again. Even if she didn't like you it would be cool of you to say "Hey, it was lovely meeting you and thanks for coming to the movie with me the other night but I've been thinking and i don't really feel a romantic vibe between. So all the best and take care" or something along those lines.. that way your cards are on the table and everyone knows where everyone stands... its nice and clear and there's no guesswork.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• That's kind of the feel I'm getting from it to, the way you left it kind of insinuated that you wanted to leave quickly.

• Do you think it was the right course of action though based on the situation?

• To be honest i enjoyed the movie and enjoyed not watching it alone and i was hoping this time would be a little more fun and lively but it just didn't happen so i don't see myself asking her out again, not sure if it was me or her or what.

• Well then I'd say it was probably the right move, I mean you could have gone about it a bit better, but overall it was right path.

• Walked her to the car maybe... definitely awkward ending

• I would text her/call her whatever and tell her you;re not feeling it, and she's likely not feeling it either. Most people just vanish and dont actually say it. Be the difference

• You probably should have walked her to her car. That's what I would do.

• I thought about that too and normally i would have but i think the uncomfortableness of it all just made me want to end it before it got any worse. But now thinking about it if not for any other reason i should have at least done that for her sake.. it would have been the proper thing to do. Shit now i feel like an ass.

• Good luck bro :) hopefully you'll find something in common if she does message you.

• Thank man :)