Should I date someone who is leaving for the army?

Me and my boyfriend has been dating for two months and he wants to join the army earlier now since he found out if I came with him, I would have to marry him or have kids. He was okay with the marriage thing but he asked people and they said not to do that so now he doesn't want to be with me. He said he was gonna break up with me when he leaves and I was hurt so I told him how I felt and now he doesn't want to be with me anymore. Then on the day he breaks up with me he got back on the dating app pof. So I was like wth? He said he broke up cuz he didn't want to hurt me more when he leaves so why get on pof? I don't understand. He told he doesn't wanna date anyone until he leaves. Should I just stop trying?, I told him I'll let it be a fling and we don't have to be serious so when he leaves it's back to the real world but he said he doesn't wanna be with me yet says he doesn't wanna hurt me but is on pof looking for casual dating even tho he made up most of the stuff up on his porfolio

Most Helpful Guy

• XNicholeMariex3 is right, it's best you just forget about him

What Guys Said 5

• Listen to your last sentence. Read it out loud. "Made up most of the stuff on his portfolio." If he is lying to people he is about to date, what makes you think he was or is truthful with you?

When you have a bad hand in poker, you don't bet more. You fold your and cut your losses. Move on immediately and give yourself time to heal before dating again.

• That's true, he probably wasn't. It's so hard to move on, I want to forget but we had a really good time together but thanks

• Hmm bummer seems its hard for him to get over you, he isn't a man yet he is still a boy. Im glad he took initiative but I'm sorry you got placed into a shitty position.

• It would be best if you married.

• He doesn't want it anymore since people told him it's not a good idea

• If you want to date him yes.

• No, I don't think you should

What Girls Said 1

• ... Girl, you're dating a flaming fuckhead.
    Don't mess with those types of guys. If he thinks it is okay to get married only 2 months into the relationship, he is probably fucking psycho.
    Plus, he broke up with you and got back on a dating site in a heart beat... shows you how much he was serious about you. It's best you forget about him.

• He doesn't want to get married anymore. And yeah that's true, it hurts tho like I was starting to fall for him so it was more painful. We were gonna date a year then I'll come with him but he thinks I can't support myself if I do. Yeah it does show he isn't serious. He even said he likes me but not that much to wait for me that long to be with me

• Nope... it's not your fault. You were thinking logically... It isn't smart to get married only 2 months into a relationship... and he was acting immature.

• Alright thanks