Girls, Would you date a guy who has attempted suicide in the past?

• Yes i would
    84% (47)
  • No i wouldn't
    16% (9)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

22

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah. Actually, the guy I have a crush on now was suicidal years ago. He didn't exactly make an actual attempt, but he did take a gun and travel to the woods to do it. But he never did. So I'm not sure if that counts as an attempt or not since nothing really happened, but I would consider it to be very close. I've had plenty of suicidal thoughts in the past myself. Never been close to an attempt, but I've had the thoughts, so I know what it's like and it sucks. I would never judge someone for attempting to kill themselves or for having suicidal thoughts. It's a sickness.
    My crush feels better now. Not sure if he's completely out of his depression yet, but as far as I know he isn't suicidal anymore. I admire his strength and courage for pulling through.

What Girls Said 21

• Yes, yes, yes, no problem. I could really relate and he wouldn't be weirded out if I sometimes had suicidal thoughts.

• Yes, I do not judge someone by their past but rather who they become from it.
    We all have things we aren't proud of doing, we don't deserve to be judged.
    Life is a learning experience.

• Yeah. That's the past and that was a dark time in his life. However, none of those facts make him a bad person.

• Yeah.
    We all need to stop thinking there's a certain kind of person we wouldn't date, cause no one's gonna drop someone they really like when they find out something about them that they've previously labelled as a deal breaker.

• No. I wouldn't. I wouldn't ever be assured that he wouldn't do it again in the future.

• Yep. I've attempted suicide myself, so I don't mind dating someone who also has.

• I'm sorry, but I have my own mental health issues and can't carry yours too.

• Yes, I would.

• my boyfriend has attempted to suicide a few times in the past and also while we were on relationship but I haven't found anything to help him get over it

• Yes, he deserves love.

• Yes ofcourse, I also could relate a little to that, because I have been in a deep depression before...

• Yes I would and I'd make sure that never happens again. I'll try my best to keep him happy. :D

• yes i would, i don't judge and the fact that they are still here even after they when through a difficult time says something to me.

• yes
    I have in fact

• No unless he's very special and really wooed me

• As someone who's emotionally unstable, I don't think I can date someone like that.

• i have before

• I have before

• No, if he does that he probably has emotional issues. No thanks.

• Yes, I would.

• Yes, I think it isn't uncommon issue. I know many people (including me) who have attempted suicide, or at least thought about it. I mean everyone has issue.