My own brother resents me?

He really does. He keeps making comments about my life, looks and keeps sending immature text messages and says he ''is playing'' but he is not. While we were on vacation he keeps making comments about me and how him and my little sister have this incredible ''bond'' no one can break. And my sisters doesn't do anything to shut him up, she like the attention he gives her. He kicked me suitcase really hard on purpose, he made comments etc. He ignored me... he is 30 years old, is in huge debt and lives in a tiny room, borderline fat and doesn't have a drivers license, didn't finish school and i decided to block him and told him to mind his own bussines. He said i shoudlt get my license untill i have my own house (i still live at home) why is he like this? he is a grown man! im 22 almost 23. I never did anything to him just never acknowledged his presence much just because i was closer to my sister

Most Helpful Guy

• Its simple, just tell him.'' I am going to keep my distance from you, until your behaviour improves, because what I need is love and support from my family and friends, and your not just giving me that''.

Your brother is obviously very insecure, you won't gain anything by getting angry and upset with him, you will only fuel his behaviour. The best way, to deal people like your brother, is to keep calm and don't engage with him, and maybe keep your distance from him, until he knows how to treat you.

Whatever his problem is with you, is because of his own insecurities, and jealousy. He will get over it, once he knows, your not reacting to it, and you are just carrying on with your life, without him. But he must only come into your life on your terms, and not his terms.

• If people are not treating you with the respect you deserve, then you have to keep your distance from them. Sometimes silence is more powerful than words in moments like this.

What Guys Said 4

• "and doesn't have a drivers license,"<---- ok about anything else... but how on earth a shitty license is important? :|

• he is 30 years old...

• so wot?

since when a license is essential?

some people HATE drivin...

• " I never did anything to him just never acknowledged his presence much just because i was closer to my sister "

And there you have it.

• yeha but when i try to make it right... he doesn't want it

• Okay, in that case, it's too late. Just leave him be and ignore him UNLESS he asks for help.

• that's... a sad story :/

Looks like he's in pain.

• Complexs, complexs, complexs... These people who have never achieved anything at their lives are behaving like that

What Girls Said 1

• It's probably some sort of revenge due to the fact that you have never acknowledged his presence before. Make the first step into getting to know him better. He will appreciate it in the end. Deep inside everyone wants to feel appreciated and loved.