I've been called beautiful, attractive etc yet guys never seem to hit on me or approach me?

I thought attractive people always get hit on. I have never been legitimately approached. When i say hit on i mean actually talking to me and asking for my number etc. I have been whistled at but i assume it happens to all girls. Apparently guys stare at me, People who i hang out with tell me this. Which i do notice, but again it could be all in my head. I wouldn't consider myself attractive and this is reinforced by the fact guys don't hit on me. I am more introverted not bubbly, but i think i'm friendly enough.

Should i assume i'm just not as attractive as people say?

Most Helpful Guy

• intimidated by yer looks then?

• I really don't know? I wouldn't consider myself attractive enough to intimidate guys.

What Guys Said 7

• No, just because you don't get many offers does not mean your unattractive, all this means is the guy that's worthy of you has not been around you yet, so be patient, a guy worthy of your talents will turn up, x

• if you post a pic we can tell you if you are or aren't

• You could very easily be very attractive, a lot of guys are intimidated by attractive women, like they think she is way out of their league or something, so they figure why even try, sounds like this could be whats going on with you

• Intimidated, might think you are taken, maybe you come off as uninterested? GO the extra step to show them you are interested, available.

• Guys just don't approach so much these days.

• Guys are often intimidated by hot women thinking they have no chance. I say this for I have never been knocked back by a hot woman mainly because I am one of the few with the balls to approach them

• It sounds like you are quite beautiful/attractive. They might be afraid you will reject them. Maybe try approaching them.

What Girls Said 5

• Guys definitely intimidated by you because they think you might be taken, or they have less chances with you. Just give the friendly and approachable look when you go out.

• many guys would if you weren't an anon... :D

• Maybe you're so attractive they're too nervous to approach you. Guys never approach me either but that's because I'm not too attractive :D but I've heard really pretty women can "scare" men.

• um you're very pretty! I've heard that too but i thought it was just a lie!

• Hit on them. It won't kill you...

• It sounds like you might need to cover up a bit more so that guys see you as girlfriend potential. I was blessed/cursed with DDD's at a young age, so I know it can be difficult to not appear "overtly sexual" when you have the kind of body that turns heads, but the key is to dress in a way that looks classy. You'll still look like a hottie when you're covered up, but guys will take you seriously rather than being nervous about all the people you might have slept with.

• I don't have large boobs or anything so that can't be why! I'm the skinny/athletic type! I dress classy already though so that's not a problem.

• Hmmm, well then, maybe they just don't feel comfortable approaching you when you're out hanging with your friends. The good guys are conscientious about not approaching somebody when it might not be welcome. I'd maybe work on making eye contact, smiling, and casually chatting with guys when you're out and about with your friends so the guys don't feel like they're bothering you. It's also possible that if you're around 18, they're worried that they're lusting after "jail bait." Again, making a point of being friendly would help them to relax and see that you are an eligible adult.