Why would my boyfriend want to be with me right before?

Joining the navy? My current boyfriend is 21 and im 22 and we have only been seeing eachother for a couple months. We had one class together in high school but didn't know eachother... And we actually met through tinder... We have been seeing eachother consistently since and both deleted our tinders and are officially together. So... He decided to join the navy last year but because of his ADHD he has to get a waiver and i guess it's a really long process. The only thing that confuses me is that he had mentioned he's never really had a girlfriend before because he "hasnt liked a girl enough to committ" but has always been interested in having one. Why would he want a girlfriend right before he has to leave for the navy? Is he just trying to have fun before he leaves and then he will break up with me before he goes to basic training? I don't know... I don't want to read too much into it because maybe he really does like me as to why he decided to be in a committed relationship with me but he is going to have to leave soon... I also know that I think i am different from the girls he has had flings with in the past... I don't drink or party or smoke or do anything really. I'm almost done with my first year of nursing school which really occupies my time. I am not clingy or anything and maybe he likes me because I actually have goals and a plan that doesn't revolve around a boyfriend. I was just hoping on some input or maybe words to make me feel better...

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't overthink. Just because he's leaving for the Navy soon doesn't mean that y'all will break up. He probably mentioned the whole "not having a girlfriend before because I didn't want to commit" thing to make you feel special. If you're really feeling some type of way about it, maybe mention it to him? Ask him what happens when he goes away. I don't think it would hurt.

What Guys Said 2

• just to see how it feels havin a gf?

although it's difficult being in a relationship, wid him in da navy :/

• " I don't drink or party or smoke or do anything really. I'm almost done with my first year of nursing school which really occupies my time. I am not clingy or anything."

Ok... you're dating material.

What Girls Said 1

• he just really likes you.