Did I scare him off?

I was seeing someone for about a month, things seemed to be going well - we met on a dating site & had both mentioned on the site that we were looking for something long term. He was in contact everyday, we only met up a couple of times and were planning to see each other again soon but I wondered where things were going since he seemed more interested in the physical side of things & I also saw that he was still actively on dating sites. So I (perhaps stupidly) asked if he saw it as only something physical. He said he liked me & liked talking to me etc even without the physical side but didn't think he was ready for a relationship as he had a lot going on in his life at the moment. I've never pressured him, I was happy to take things slow but was disappointed as it seemed he was never going to want a relationship with me. Should I have kept quiet in the hope that things would have progressed or am I better off moving on and hopefully finding someone who does want me long term?

Most Helpful Guy

• You were right to ask questions, you need to know his intentions but now its time to move on, you want something he fails to deliver, don't live in hope, seek out your desires, x

What Guys Said 2

• no... he was clear he didn;t want a relationship.. no?

• lets be honest the majority of guys on dating sites are just looking for easy ways to have sex with women so he's going to try and say what you want to hear so you will have sex with him which is obviously what this guy did

What Girls Said 2

• You guys don't seem to be on the same page. Move on before feelings get any deeper.

• you're better off just moving on.