Guys, What would you do if you saw this on your gf?

So if your a guy and you saw these cuts from self harming on your girlfriend what would you do? Reactions? How would you feel about it and what exactly would you do?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• well I had a ex girlfriend that use to cut. when I first saw them I just hugged her and told her I am here for you and kissed her and always cuddled her and rubbed her back. it was one of my happiest relationships.

if the Scars where very new I would give the cuts the treatment that they need cleaning bandaging or taking to hospital if further treatment is needed.

I feel a lot of people do not understand self harm and mental illness, it is not for attention in the direct sense as its a way of feeling better for a while but the scars do show you need help.

Are you thinking about showing your BF? or is there a new guy you like and thinking about telling. remember that your still very young a guys do not develop emotionally until later and do not really understand it, heck you got 50 that do not understand it. if he ever leaves you because you self-harm then he would not be able to support you mentally and give you the emotional support that you need.

what's so bad in your life that you cut honey. I have read some of the other post the reason why it takes away the pain is that it realises certain chemicals that may you feel better in the short term.

What Guys Said 21

• I'd let you go. You're not worth it. You're literally nuts.

I mean obviously you're worth something, I'm not saying you're trash. What I mean is that you're not good for a relationship. How can you be? So now your guy has to worry about you doing this to yourself? What kind of life are you setting up for him? or for yourself?

It's also just plain crazy. You don't see dogs chew their own tails off for no reason. Or cats scratch the hell out of themselves. Just stop it. This makes no sense.

• awww....i'd assume she cuts herself :/

• I'd first ask her what happened and then my behavior would be based on her answer.

• OH my this breaks my heart every time i see it i would feel so sad for them and help them get though it I've never dated a girl with this stuff. I've never dated a girl at all but i have a few friends that are girls that cut and are super depressed and every day i try to encourage them as best i can so same goes for a girlfriend if that was the case.

• I would try to get her the help she needs and if she did get better and stop hurting herself then the scars wouldn't bother me and I would stay with her. If she kept doing it I don't think I could stay with her though

• Understandable that you wouldn't stay if she kept doing it. It's very hard to deal with.

• Hugging/comforting time.
    Then psychiatrist time.

• When I'd see her I'd be speechless for a second, and just give her a close long hug... sigh... and ask her why she would do it

• I'd assume she lacks self control.

• New girlfriend or established relationship? First time finding it?

• Awful basically.

• call therapist asap.

• why uu cut urself?

• If a person don't care for himself why would a random will do.

• Break up with her. "Youre dating me? Why you sad

• Break up with her immediately. Not dealing with that shit.

• 1... Id probably reconsider what I got myself into.
    2... I'd try to help her.
    3... I'd go get her help
    4... I'd go see a doctor to see if there is a way to lessen the scars.

• Leave her. I only love those that love themselves.

• just start smoking weed! and stop doing this bull shit! you should put like a warning on the title. didn't really want to look at this disgusting shit!

• God!!! (My impression)
    Second thought, I will feel shit lot bad... and sorry for her... and I will be so numb if she hides it and wait until I figure it out...
    Just saying... it will be non other than me falling in love with her more and more deeply because, like in my POV, I try to protect her no matter what... it may be clingy but.. I can't help my self... and I will talk to her about it... like make her feel comfortable... maybe have make some love to her... to feel her pretty confident for sharing her secrets and etc etc...
    I guess this is what I will do... but euh bad thing is that the guy should be little more caring and a bit emotional.. I guess... which has both advantages and disadvantages...
    If this is a question related to you (which could be obvious, try talking with your partner and if you want him to figure it out... it will be surprising to him but not every guy is the same... so yeah... Also if you do have a partner, I see no reasons to do self harm because you don't need to suck all the pain knowing the fact that you have someone dedicated to share the pain )
    Good luck out there ^^

• I will get her help because I know how it feels to cut... I was also cutting myself and able to stop since last 6 months

• ugh what did you do to yourself?

• That...

• have you looked for any other way?

• and by the way if i saw this on my girlfriend, i would definitely help her find a better way to cope with her problems