He wants to go to the beach but I am embarrassed of my body... what should I do?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost a year and he wants to go to the beach and all sorts of baithing suit required events that I've already told him I can't go to but he insists on us going. I'm short & thin but I've gained a few pounds which make my stomach look disgusting. I've tried full body swim suits but it doesn't work. He has seen me naked but in the sunlight everything is a lot more noticable. Am i over reacting? should I just go? I just know there's way better looking girls than me out there and it really hurts to think that I might just make him look like a fool because he's always talking to everyone about how "hot" I am.

That's what makes me want to super go! lol

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 2

• Go for it girl!
    If he's been with you for a year, he absolutely thinks you are hot! He doesn't care about anyone else then you! Go and have a blast! Be confident!

• Would you rather him be alone with all those girls that are supposedly "way better looking than you", or would you rather go with him.

• That's big reason why I rather go! lol

• I am! And I'm going to look super hot! lol

• You go girl! He chose you for a reason 😄

What Girls Said 7

• Go! Don't miss out on all the fun parties and great memories just because you think your body isn't perfect. He's with you, so he clearly likes your body. And trust me... that attitude is more of a turn-off and a frustration to him than a little bit of belly ever could be. He wants a girlfriend to be by his side! Be happy that you have him in your life, and go have some fun at the beach.

• I am very self conscious of my body also because of how thin i am but my boyfriend always makes me feel good about myself when we go anywhere that requires a bathing suit. i say go for it (: i wear shorts and a tank top until you decide to go in the water.

• There are a lot of kinds of swimwear for you to try. Not only bikinis and full body swimsuits. Try on monokinis and maybe wear a beach dress or a flannel over your swim suit.

• You can buy full body swimsuits with a lose twisted material on the front so it doesn't show any weight if you've some. If he's seen you naked a bikini isn't going to bother him regardless of the weight you've put on.

• You should go! Just be confident in how you look, obviously he likes you the way you are. :)

• tell him that you would rather do something else.

• If he is telling everyone how "hot" you are, he doesn't care that you gained weight, he still likes you. If you were going to make him look like a fool, then he wouldn't want to go to the beach with you in the first place.

• you're so right! thanks!