Some guys think that having a girlfriend means having someone who will just take all thair money? How true is that?

I have always heard some guys say they don't want to be in relationship because they think thair girlfriend will spend all thair money. How true is that today? It sounds like bullshit to me.
Guys do you think your girlfriend often spends your money without spending any of her own on you?
Girls do you feel like you spend your boyfriends money without contributeing yourself?
Personally I want a relationship with equal power and equal decision making. Meaning I would one whare we both provide for each other. So that it's a relationship built on love of someone and not thare money. Is that unrealistic?

• I am a boyfriend/girlfriend who thinks girls often take money then they contribute.
  • I am a boyfriend/girlfriend who thinks most girls contribute equally to the relationship.
  • See results.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is not true at all! Guys who think this are usually just bitter about one particular relationship that went horribly wrong because of some gold-digger bitch and then they think they have the right to claim that all women are like this.

What Girls Said 6

• Mature adults will both contribute equally to the relationship.

• Me? I always pay for my own stuff in a relationship. I'm currently in one now where we will buy stuff for one another to be kind, but I would say it's equal. I always pay for my own food and stuff and expect to. It's not like he isn't a "gentleman" he has treated me better than anyone else. Girls that use their boyfriends like bank accounts piss me off. I appreciate him and how sweet he is to me, and we are both still teenagers. It's not like he has enough money to pay for my stuff and his, and I have my own perfectly good money. He is my equal, not my bank.

• I respect that. I wish I could have that type of relationship. A relationship based on love not money.

• I think it depends the person

• I don't like others spending on me too much.

• Some girls will and some guys will for that matter. People only treat you the way you let them. I don't believe it at all. I'm a firm believer in equality.

• I contribute equally.

• That's good. I respect that.

What Guys Said 4

• well it certainly depends on the girl... but a guy really chooses to spend all that money on a girl. I mean its not like they have joint bank accounts or something. If you find that you are spending all the money, and she isn't spending any of hers on you... well thats a sign you may need to check your relationship

• wrong thought... not alll gals r like this

• Shiiiiiitt. This is ain't true.. I would never think like that... But maybe some guys would think like that ( maybe) bec. I didn't hear anyone say that. They just say that having girl friends just costs you headache and troubles

• Probably different for your generation.

• That is 100% true that some guys really think that.