Why do girls judge me on the fact I'm in a fraternity?

I attend college and I am a double major in Economics and Finance with a 3.73 gpa. I served as president of my chapter last year but decided not to run again because I didn't like dealing with all the drama. When I wear my fraternity letters, girls stare at me and give me dirty looks or make some comment about the stereotypes of frat boys.

My fraternity is nothing like Animal House or any other movie/tv show. We are one of about 25 fraternities at my school and we are considered one of the bottom frats. The popular sororities will not party with us and barely recognize out existence. We are known as the "nice guy/friend zone frat" on my campus. How can I get girls to stop judging me in a bad way just because I'm in a fraternity?

Most Helpful Girl

• You shouldn't aim to get girls to stop judging you, you should aim to just not give any fucks about what people think :)

• I agree with you 100% but I just can't help it. No one judges the other clubs on campus, just frats.. mine in particular because girls think we are ugly

What Girls Said 3

• *sigh* Some do and some don't. And why does it bother you that idiots who believe in stereotypes are judging you? The fact that they BELIEVE those stereotypes show how retarded they are.

Just be who you are.

• Frat guys are usually party animals and complete manwhores. Just ignore the stereotypes and girls that keep bunching you with the dumb frat boys they have met.

• Ma body is rdy 👙

• That is a stereotype. I've never been on a date before let alone sleep with a girl and my frat barley parties. We were pared with a sorority for an event and 3/4 of the girls had no clue who my frat even was

• That's a dumb reason to judge someone.

What Guys Said 5

• u should prove em u r not... ;)

• It's because frat boys are usually seen as drunks, rapists, angry, and secretly homosexual. The fact that you were the President of your fraternity just makes it worse for you, regardless of your fraternity's popularity or lack of.

• Look bad at them with a "idgaf" look and shrug if they give you shit. Be glad you're not in a idiot-fraternity.

• Frats have stereotypes for a reason that they have caused themselves.

• So not only do they think you're a rapist because you're in a fraternity, but you are the President of your local rapist chapter.

And on top of it, you're the unpopular/uncool rapists. There are rapists on campus that women like better.

SMH. You're screwed man. Maybe drop out of the frat?

• Haha you are spot on. I probably won't drop out but I know I'm not gonna be as involved next year. I'll attend the charity events but I'm probably done with the parties. 40 guys and like 5 girls isn't much of a party anyway lol