Men can you date a woman who is smarter than you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, i'd be okay with it. Borderline sexist if that's a problem for you.

• I'm a person who is fine if I've got the goods on apples and you got the goods on oranges. if we both have the goods on Apples we will butt heads because well there are 20 x-figure types of apples and it gets complicated but we could make it work.

• I see what you mean.

What Guys Said 14

• Yes. But, I think that, if someone is highly intelligent, it is rare for him or her to find someone who is unambiguously more intelligent.

• Mmmmmmm... that's a hard one because there's so much that goes along with that. Like, "smarter in what way? Howard Gardner proposed that there are eight different types of intelligence... blah blah blah." Hahaha okay, I won't go there...
    There is this girl that I absolutely adore. She's so much better than me at math, for example, but I could completely kick her butt at a game of Scrabble or Which Sentence is Grammatically Correct? (before you ask, no, it's not a real game... that would be a fricking boring game)
    In some ways, she's smarter than me, but I feel like we're still sort of on the same level.
    Now, if the girl is so much smarter that I feel completely inferior, then that's an issue. I mean, I have a difficult time feeling like I deserve to be with this girl I think is on the same level as me, so how much worse would I feel knowing that the girl I'm dating is so superior to me?
    That said, smart girls are super attractive. I give them two thumbs waaaaaaayyy up.

• I agree I love smart men but not men on the same subject of expertise as me. I could possibly but it is hard because you feel like it is yours and you own it. You don't want them to take it away.

• I understand completely, and I'm sure most men are going to be completely fine with that logic. I sometimes have an issue with this particular question since my brain is one of the few things on which I pride myself.

• hahahha np :)

• It would only be a problem if she was arrogant about it.

• I have not yet met a single human being even smarter than me much less a woman.

• Yes I can, it wouldn't bother me at all. It is 2015 and women are capable of doing anything men can. I would be proud of her that she is smart!

• Sure. I can also date a girl taller than me too.

• My girlfriend is an kickass engineering major so she's really smart lol

• Yes! college is hard af

• I would have no problem with dating a girl smarter than me.

• Of course.
    It's not your fault your an Astrophysicist.

• Astrophysicist, that's random.

• HAHAHAHAHA, that would be hard to find. I am about to start residency for becoming a cosmetic surgeon

• I doubt a woman would want to date a guy less intelligent than her.

• Haven't found such a woman yet. Theoretically, I would.

• You either think to less of women or much of yourself. You hide in the shadows from such women? Whatever works. 😉

It was hard the first time I dated a guy smarter than me so I get it. Cheers

• I graduated first overall at two colleges. I'm not saying that to brag, just statistically, I am smarter than most people. I'd be perfectly happy to meet a more intelligent woman, but there's a small pool of prospects who meet that description.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm sure they can

• why wouldn't they?

• I'm sure they can.