Is it shallow to only want to have long term relationships with people who make at least close to the same salary you make to be better financially?

This is assuming you make at least a decent to good salary, not someone who only makes a little bit of money only going for people with a lot money to support them. And this is to help elliminate the people who only wanted you for your money. In your mind long term relationships are for people you might wanna marry someday if it ever got that far.

• Yes its shallow
  • No its not shallow
  • Its weird to do or think

Most Helpful Guy

• Shallow? I don't think so, although many may disagree.

Rainbows and sunshine doesn't pay the rent and put food on the table! Money does.

Especially in this society when women are very well and able to make a strong salary, I understand a guy not wanting to be with someone that is financially dead weight to dredge along.

What Girls Said 3

• No. If I had a nice job I wouldn't want to date a 'nice gentlemanly homeless person'
    We have to be around the same level.
    But if you fall for someone you can't really help what they end up doing in life
    But it's not shallow to want someone equal to you

• Not at all.

• not shallow.

What Guys Said 3

• I don't think its shallow. I feel like a person who thinks like the question you asked is similar to wanting to be with someone who wants kids someday, or being with someone who shares a similar passion or ambitious attitude as you. A salary is just another "criteria".

• Yeah I think it is very shallow

• Its for their future and their kids they end up having. Is it still shallow even though they need to be able to pay the bills, afford college for their kids. Afford a house, etc.

• Well I think for guys we are culturally expected to make money so a difference in income may be expected

• I know girls make on average 10000 dollars less then men or something like that. But a reasonable difference