Would it affect your relationship if you and your SO work in completely different fields?

The guy I'm dating is a Radiologic Technologist and I work as a Public Relations officer. Every time we think of something to talk about, we are both having a hard time familiarizing terms that are, let's say, exclusive only for each field. I want to know about how his day was which includes telling stuff about his work. Sometimes it bores me and sometimes, I see him struggling to explain to me things about it in the simplest way he could.

Would it affect us in general if ever we decide to be in a reltionship?

Most Helpful Guy

• It shouldn't cause it's just work, why would that one thing affect the whole relationship? Why not talk about something else and get your head off of work once you're out of your job? It's ok to ask about the basics so you know what each other is doing, but it's not necessary to get into details.

What Guys Said 1

• These are petty details. You don't need to understand radiology nor he needs to understand PR for you to be able to enjoy each others company.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm sure you both have interests outside of work. I would see it as an opportunity for you both to develop new interests together.

• You don't talk about work with your SO.