Why don't I have a girlfriend?

I ask myself this a lot and my friends are starting to question too. I haven't had a girlfriend in two years and the relationship I had two years ago only lasted about two weeks and I learned about a month later that she only dated me because she felt bad for me. Anyway, I'm only 5'7 which is kinda short but not really, I'm a little awkward, but awkwardly funny. I haven't worked out a day in my life so I'm really skinny (I plan to work out later this summer). I wear pretty fashionable clothes, and I've been called "cute" before or I've been called a "7.5" in rating. I don't know what it is so that's why I came to GAG. Please help?

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, you are not ugly at all ( no homo).
    You say you're a bit awkward, I think you mean that you don't have that much experience with girls and don't really know how to handle them, which is okay. You will learn a lot anyway as you get older, I was the same when i was 16, I was 5'6 then, 1 inch shorter than you, I'm 6'3 now, and there was a 5'9 girl who had a HUGE crush on me. ( It didn't work out because I was too immature and too inexperienced to read the signs ) I was skinny too, I'd recommend you find a suitable diet that allows you to gain weight, working out is a reasonable idea too, but do not overdo it, I used to work out a lot at 16, but I've grown so much , and my body type has turned out to be naturally muscular, so I don't work out but eat well, it would also become too much for my build. And you're probably still in high school : Dating depends on your popularity rank while still in this artificial high school setting, you can't date any girl you find attractive, this will get A LOT easier once you're out of there, trust me, also you will get to know so many new girls afterwards. Your body will change and so will your self-confidence. both will get better ;) Hope it's helped

• You also keep in mind that it will probably be always you who has to make the first move, lots of girls won't ask you out because they're afraid of rejection

What Girls Said 4

• Well, you're quite cute so looks are probably not the problem. It's not that easy to get into relationships for some people, I guess there's just right time for everything. You're young too, no rush.

• Don't rush into relationships so quickly get to know a person first. You are only 16 so don't rush it. Plus relationships take a lot of hard work and communication and sacrifice. Don't try to grow up so quickly, being in a relationship isn't everything. Just focus on yourself and just be you don't worry so much about not having a girlfriend.

• Try tinder

• The key is to have a lot of options. If you meet a lot of girls then there's a good chance that at least one of them will like you. Go to parks, malls, school clubs, and parties. Meet some girls, talk to them, get their numbers and keep in contact with them. Eventually you'll find the right girl. (Btw: be yourself!)

What Guys Said 6

• Forget waiting to workout, do it, now. That will be the quickest way to feeling better about yourself. Get rid of the idea that you need a girlfriend, news flash... you don't. The less you focus on it the quicker they will come. So in short focus on becoming the greatest version of yourself. You say your funny? Get funnier, hell get hilarious. You are awkward? Just practice talking to strangers.

• True, often you find a girlfriend when you expect it the least. Put a nice smile one, and you'll get ntocied by them

• Dude... my brotha you are only 16. Go play some video games or soemthing
    -5'7 is normal
    -Working out is healthy and everybody should do it.
    -Stop worrying about being fashionable damnit. You are a dude, shirt and jeans is good enough.
    -Being called cute isn't good. You wanna be called hot or sexy as they are words women use when they wanna fuck with you.

• Who the hell really knows?

• Do you go out there and meet lots of girls? put yoursel fout there?

• try asking girls

• Is this happening outside of your race? If so, it's perfectly normal. One runs a slightly lower chance attracting someone from another background.

• Well I am mixed and I am mostly going for white girls, but usually that's not the issue.