Girls, is it weird to get a girl a gift on the first date?

Like, we've been talking for a while, and we recently mentioned her favorite movie and how she's never read the book, would it be lame if me to pick it up for her? I mean it's already a mass market paperback so it's pretty cheap.

16

Most Helpful Girl

• no thats not weird, its something very thoughtful! It should make her feel very happy that you even thought of that :)

What Girls Said 15

• I'm the odd woman out. I say wait til the second, third date. But this is more a question of "how fast is too fast" and that's a convo you should have with her. As someone else said, they personally didn't like recieving gifts. Maybe your date would feel you're being too forward, or she'd end up liking it. It doesn't matter that 99% of the girls here said its sweet if your date is like me right? Ask her what she's looking for, find out how fast to move.

• That's very true, I get what you're sayong. That being said, would us already being good friends change that at all?

• if you know her and are friends then it's fine.

• It's the thought the count. So it's very thoughtful. I think that would be really sweet.

• You are a great date

• Not weird. Quiet thoughtful
    I got a guy a batman beanie on the second date because he mentioned how much he loved it.

• That would be thoughtful. As it is a book it is an appropriate gift.

• that would be really nice actually

• Yeah... I think so, I'm just not comfortable enough with the guy to feel comfortable enough to accept his gift in the first place.

• No, that's actually really thoughtful

• No gift. She'd know you really like her and might lose interest. How would you feel if she brought you a gift? It's cute, I like the idea but I'd say you'll be more successful if you don't ;)

• Lol I'd think she's incredibly sweet and quite frankly would be charmed, but I see and understand your point lol. Would the fact that we're already pretty good friends factor into this at all?

• Ok that's different, if you're kinda good friends already then by all means. Just be careful of the aww sweet-friend zone that's all😉

• That sounds pretty sweet to me.

• If its just a book its fine, but don't give any jewellery and stuff no matter how cheap

• Nope nothing wrong with it

• do it lmao it's great

• No it's a nice thing to do. Go for it.

• That sounds really sweet actually.