My friend's ex is suicidal and wants my friend back. How can I help her?

So my friend broke up with this guy like six months ago. Since then he still tries to get her back and fuck with her head. She knows he is an @sshole, but keeps falling for him. And then she gets hurt. Now he is suicidal and she feels like she has to get back with him (knowing it's a bad idea) to stop him. And I'm trying to convince her otherwise.
How can I help her see that she doesn't need to do this?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't get it... if he's dead, problem solved, right?
    I've had several friends, male and female, confronted by the suicide threat. Years ago I told them when someone says if you don't come back I'll kill myself, just respond, "I can live with that."

To this day, all are live and well.

• Oh I wish he would do it, but that would hurt my friend so much, she would be crushed. And I don't want that. I want her to be able to get over him

• I'm sure you've nursed him through other addictions... this should be no different. Best of luck.

• * nursed her.

What Girls Said 1

• Try to have a sit down and really talk about it.

What Guys Said 4

• wait... is he really suicidal, or he's tryin 2 get her attention back?

• I'm 80% sure he is just getting her attention. He does a lot of stuff like that. I just wish that she could get over him

• Ask her to question his motives.

• just stay out of it.

• I can't. She's my friend and I don't want to see her hurt

• In life there are things that are your responsibility and things that aren't. You bring only sorrow to yourself taking responsibility for things that aren't yours. This is an area that requires a professional. Alert someone that the guy needs a professional. Your friend is NOT one. She can't help if he is really suicidal and she is a manipulated FOOL if he is not

• she needs help badly.