Would you date someone that was still in love with an old ex?

This guy says that he is really into me...we were talking one day about past relationships and he mentioned that he still loved one of his ex's from like one year ago...What should I do? should I still date him and see where it goes or leave hom because he might let his old feelings get in the way?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes, someone is still 'in love' with an ex and then they meet someone new who's so amazing to them that they can move onto this new person. More often than not they have to get over the ex first, and besides, mostly when that happens (above) it's because they have abandonment fears and not always because of the actual person.

If he's already met you and he still feels for his ex, it's not worth it. Not until he's over her. Because somewhere down the line you'll feel hurt that you've fallen in love with him or whatever and he's still pining for another girl. He might leave you for it and then you'll resent him for letting you believe he loved you when really he was in love with his ex. Take control of it now and don't let it get there - find someone else who's open to having a new girl in his life.

What Guys Said 5

• Only if she's hot, because this relationship will be short, with a bitter end.

You're nuts if you get serious about this guy.

• Never. Unless you want an FWB.

• Your heading into a love triangle. It hurts trust me.

• If he still loves her, he still thinks about her when he's with you. I don't think the two of you should be together. There's nothing you did wrong, but it' already looking bad for you.

• No, your "relationship" with this person will most likely fail if they are not completely open to love you and you only. You don't want to get involved in a love triangle.

What Girls Said 7

• If someone is still in love with someone else, then they aren't going to be able to love you. And if they can love two people at once beware, they are a cheater.

• It's not worth the pain getting into a relationship with someone who is still in love with their ex. You'll have to deal with being judged and compared with his ex etc and not living up to them.

If at some point further down the line this guy has eventually got over those feelings then maybe there's a chance but at the moment I would say no.

• You'll never be able to measure up to someone who really isn't there. He's holding onto something that doesn't exist... so you may as well let him know your stance on the relationship.

He needs to let her go, and accept that he can find love in a new relationship. But you may not be the girl that opens his eyes to that. Sounds like he needs some time alone to work on some personal stuff. It's hard, but you'll thank yourself later on.

Best of luck.

• that would make me really nervous...that is very disturbing for a relationship, I would just stop it all...i think you should too, it can end up very sad! he can just leave you for his ex and just make it all bitter!

• Step away from the boy. If he hasn't gotten over her, you will not be able to change that and it will just create tension between you and him.

• run run away and run fast. if he is still inlove with his ex he may like you but what if his ex comes to town don't you think they are going to do something. I take this from expeariance from my recent ex. then I found out he was cheating on me

• Pass. Wait till he is over her. I'm not over my ex, and believe me, I don't want to date anyone else. He might not be able to give you his 100%.