Is a 35 year old man too old for a 24 yr old? Is he also too old for an 18 yr old?

Most Helpful Guy

• Legally speaking (just about anywhere in the world really), a 35 year old is not too old to date or have sex with a 24 year old or an 18 year old. That's just from a legal perspective. From a moral perspective, I don't see anything wrong with it, although it is a little weird. My sister is 22 and is dating a 32 year old (ten year difference) and they're fine. Once you hit adulthood (which is subjective in some cases), age is just a number. Women mature so much more quickly than men do anyway, so cognitively, they would work out.

I don't understand why people perpetuate these myths that "she isn't developed enough" or "he will take advantage of her." If we were talking about girls under 18 years old, I would agree. But once you'r an adult, it depends on the individual.

What Guys Said 18

• Maybe for 24 - Definitely for 18

• tsk... both legal so... 8)

• I hope not

• No and no. In truth, its the call of the parties involved and no one has the right to judge other than the 35yr old and the 18/24yr old. Love is blind...

• No, maybe.

• No and yes.

• Yes for 24 and No for 18?

• That was what I was hoping for. I wouldn't date a woman 10 years older than me, again. Ha Ha. We really didn't work because she was a nut job. Makes for great sex, but that's about it.

• My father was 34 when he married my 22 year old mother. And a little bit for the second one, just a little though. But I'd still date her.

• Yeah, probably!

• Yes. And. Yes.

• Maybe for 24 - Definitely for 18

• No, he isn't.

• It's legal so fair game.

• I know that age is just a number, but anything over 10 years is just too old in my opinion.

• Nope age is just a number and all adults have right to decide who they want to date.

• Your age divided by two then add 7

• well i'm 37 and 30 would be my limit.

• I dated a girl when i was age 35 and she was age 18
    now the 24 year old guy and 35 year old not that bad

• I'd see him as a predatory creep with an 18yo. 24 is okay though.

What Girls Said 15

• More than likely there won't be much to communicate about. Probably just interested in boning

• It really depends on the maturity level of everyone involved in the relationship. In the past one of my friends and I were both sexually involved with the same guy who was 10 years older than myself and 11 years older than my friend. Needless to say the relationship (s) never worked out because there was jealousy and other barriers that prevented the relationship (s) to continue.

Personally, 18 seems a little too young and too big of an age gap to be dating a 35 year old. But there's the very real argument of age is just a number.

If the 35 year old has the mentality of someone 10 years younger than them that could be more understandable. Just as if the 18 year old is very mature for that age and acts more like a 30 year old.

• 35 and 24, that's a bit weird but it can probably work. 35 and 18... well an adult in their 30s shouldn't pursue teenagers but that's just my opinion

• It depends if they are mentally on the same page. Doubtful.

• That's a perfect age difference. HOT!

• Not really too old for a 24 year old.

• forget about age and see if you like him

• I guess if its on the situation. I think its less socially acceptable for a 35 year old and 18 year old to be dating, but if the relationship is safe and happy I don't see why not. a 24 year old and 35 year old is more accepted and seems fine, again if the relationship is safe and happy

• No. My husband is 48 and I'm 26. Just don't go under 18 and make sure she's mature

• As long as its legal, who cares

• He is way too old for an 18 year old. 24 he is okay...

• Nope, he's not too old for a 24 yo, but he'd be considered a creep for going after a 18 yo.

• 24, no. 18, yes.

• I think 18 is a bit young in my opinion... even though it's legal... but still.

Is this again some old dude obsessing over young pretty girls/ virgins who tries to get the youngest he can get?

• Age is just a number and it is what ever you are comfortable. I, personally, want to find someone between 26/7 to 34 years old Ideally, I would like someone no more than 4 years older than me. I am currently 29.