Guys, Is intelligence a turn off?

Seems as if me having 2 degrees, stable job, indepence, may be a turn off to some guys? Does it make me intimidating to them? Seems as if the girls who aren't ambitious, and have not knack for striving in life, seem to get the guys. And me... well I'm the one still left out to dry... in singledom.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• It is not a turnoff in fact it is a huge turn on! It is not a guarantee, of getting a guy but still a huge turnon. Some of the women who say that men are tuned off by intelligence are really just narcissists who make the relationship all about them, and then when the guy dumps them they tell literally everyone who will listen that the man was "intimidated" by her intelligence, independence, etc ., when in reality that woman was just a selfish bitch.

As for the girls who are "less ambitious" getting the guys, they typically make their career less of a focus than women like you for instance. This allows them to make other things a priority in their life, namely relationships. I am not saying you can't pursue a career and a relationship, but you need to be willing to make the relationship top priority (this is true even of men). Men who want a relationship are willing to make the relationship top priority and want a woman who is willing to do the same.

What Guys Said 11

• the number of degrees a woman has is meaningless to me, to be quite honest with you. It's not necessarily a mark of intelligence for me. I base a persons intelligence on how resourceful they are, how well informed they are on current events, their ability to reason/rationalize, and the level of introspection that they carry. Many degrees these days are all about regurgitating info for tests. Takes work, but it's not an auto turn on to me. A girl with no degrees could be seen as more intelligent to me than a girl with several. The real turn off is when a girl flaunts her degrees in peoples faces as if its supposed to mean anything to us

• Your two degrees may be a turnoff if you're using that as a selling point. No offense but most men don't really care about what you're studying or how many degrees you have, they care about how you're going to compliment their lives and make their lives better, so if he feels like you're trying to lord your degrees over him it might turn him off

Having a stable job on the other hand is a turn on. It means you got your shit together, and can take care of yourself without being overly dependent or clingy

Your independence may be a turnoff depending on how your advertising it. Like if you've got this "I'm really strong minded and I don't need no man" mindset about you then that's a turn off to most men. Men want to date women, not men

• i thought guys like a woman who can handle herself lol

• hahahhaha no way... :)

• Said it before and I'll say it again:
    http://mypubliclibrary.ca/fiction%20reader.jpg
    ^ This, to me, is sexy.

• No it doesn't. Intelligence is like looks in the sense that it is another attractive trait a person can have, but these traits by themselves don't suffice. You also need a great personality and compatibility with the man in question.

• A turn off? In what world? Intelligence is the biggest TURN ON for me.

• Hey i have 2 degrees tooooo
    it's a turn on.

• I highly doubt thats what hindering your dating life... myabe its something you are doing wrong

• It's a turn on.

• lulz ill take a smart person over an idiot