Girls, What do you do when your friend encourages a guy to flirt with you?

I appreciate her friend helping me out, but I think it makes me look horrible to the girl when she thinks I have to be spoon fed every little bit. I mean i'm perfectly capable of getting her number. Girls, what do you think about situations like this? Then it's no wonder she doesn't call back when I called her. I mean I guess it's a good thing the friend thinks that i'm good enough for her, but do girls really listen to their friends anyways when it comes to who they should date?

5

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate it. My friend's always trying to set me up with her cousin, who she thinks is perfect for me, but I'd really rather she stay out of it. It makes everything awkward. If he wants to flirt with me or ask me out, he'll do it. Also, I'm fully capable of getting a guy's attention, I don't need her hand-delivering him to me either lol. So while I know she has good intentions - thanks, but no thanks.

What Girls Said 4

• It depends on who the guy really is actually. There's some guys that I've encountered that want my number but I wouldn't give. So they ended up asking it from one of my friends and she actually gave them! I was so furious at that time because if I didn't gave them my number it'd most probably be I'm not interested or they're too annoying. But then again, there's a few nice guys that came to ask me for my number and my friends were encouraging him and they even helped him. So yeah..

• Well I'd personally like it and use her as the wing woman she is making herself out to be most of my friends are insecure homebodies so a girl that can do that for me has got to be fun and I think the guy wouldn't mind either honestly that's how most girls make their cold approaches through friends.

• She was definitely shy and most likely a homebody. She was like the nice girl hidden in the corner and not the crazy one getting all drunk and out of control. etc. I just wish I could figure out how to get her to respond back to me. She never did return my call. I have a feeling talking on the phone might be too much for her though, so I think i'll text her a picture or two and get her asking questions about my hobbies and such. Hopefully that will spark a conversation. Then of course hopefully I'll get to learn more about her. I love shy girls who know how to control themselves:)

• yeah. lol You just never know with girls. I don't think she's interested in me.

• best indicator of that is whether she is making any effort to get to know you in return if she's not then she's not interested.

• Sounds like the friend want to be more

• just tell her that.

• Well it doesn't matter now, but I'm just curious as to what girls think when their friend encourages a certain guy to hit on her.