What's In a Name?

I was just wondering if anyone out there would make decisions about dating someone, based upon their name.

If you were going on a blind date and you found out their name was something pretty repulsive, would you change your mind and automatically think that they as a person was just as repulsive as their name? Or would you give them a chance?

• No! Names don't matter! I wouldn't think twice about going!
  • Uhm, I'd probably giver her/him a chance...maybe
  • No thanks, how would I introduce them to my family and friends with a name like that?

What Guys Said 1

• Depends, though names tend to indicate the type of person they are going to be. There are exceptions, true, but someone called Krystalz is going to be less likely to be intelligent, middle class and aspirational than say a girl called Emily Haythway Bartle-Tubbs.

What Girls Said 1

• Do people actually not go on a blind date because of their name?! Has this happened to you? That would be lame!