Girls, Should a guy be invited to stay at a girls place if he is traveling long distance to see her?

I have been seeing a girl from a long distance (6 hour drive) for the past few months. Just dates - not a relationship. Even though we have already slept together in a hotel, she has not invited me to stay at her place when I come to see her from afar. It's an expensive city and this means that I'm having to shell out an additional $200 every time I see her. She lives alone. I would never ask her to stay - seems too strange to ask. I can't imagine a girl coming to see me and expecting her to stay at a hotel. I'm curious of what your take is on the situation.

10

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's very unfair that you be working out all the cash to travel, if she isn't happy with you staying -and that's fine, that's her choice and her home (Personally I'd invite you if even to stay in the spare room or on the sofa) but I would offer to pay half the costs of travel and hotel. You're only going there to see her so it's only fair I feel.

What Girls Said 9

• Not to be a downer here, but are you sure she lives alone? Any chance she is married/living with someone? Since you all have already slept together, there is no reason you can't stay. I would totally call her out on this and see what she says.

• i don't get it... she lives alone!.. normally she should invite you to stay at her place... its not like she's still living with her parents...

• if she's not comfortable with you being at her home than there's nothing you can do about it you guys are not in a relationship so she you nothing. Since you are deciding to come and see her knowing the cost of doing so then you should shoulder the price unless she is the one pushing you to come over if she is bring up how you think coming over to see her is really hard on your expenses and that it would be beneficial for the both of you if you slept over at her place instead of a hotel.

• put owes before you nothing. (Sorry my keyboard can't keep up with my typing.)

• Its only polite for a girl to invite him to stay if he's traveling so far so yeah I think he should be.

• Your just a booty call other wise she should let you stay

• and how long have you been seeing each other in a long distance?

• does she really live along?

• I have a family member who, due to past experiences of theft, doesn't allow people in their home.

That said, I guess if I lived alone and we have been seeing each other for a while, I would probably invite the guy to stay. You said you've slept together and she still wants to see you... I'm not sure what her reason would be for not, though. Maybe she doesn't really live alone? Maybe she has trust issues? It's hard to say.

• If you're having sex, this is a bit unusual. She may be afraid she won't be able to get you to leave! Or, alternately, are you sure she's not secretly married?