Is it judgmental to not give a guy a chance because you don't like him?

If a guy that likes you asks you out, and you say no (in a nice and respectful way) because you don't feel the same way, does that mean you're judging him? Guys, would you feel like the girl was judging you?

I was asking because one of my friends said I'd be judging the guy if I do this

Most Helpful Guy

• In all honesty, it is in our nature to judge someone the moment we meet them. As shallow as we are, we always get attracted to someone based on looks first... then personality comes afterwards.

People who say that they find personality first before looks is when I call out the bs card.

But the way you acted is fine. If you aren't interested then it's always good to be truthful about it.

What Guys Said 6

• obviously its judgmental but so what? Everybody judges everybody whether you like it or not. Don't go out with a guy you aren't attracted to just to try and idealize some impossible standard.

• If you don't feel anything for him just tell him I'd rather women be straight forward than to let me assume we got something going on

• No. Assuming that he is beneath you and unworthy of your time is though...

• I think not liking a guy is one of the best reasons not to be with him.

• It would be judgmental to not be with a guy for how he looks, but you know you like his personality, it would be judging a book by its cover

• No, at least the guy know that you are telling the truth of your feelings. This avoid misunderstood and conflict in the future. If he is determined, he will keep chasing you. But if he is open-minded person, he will accept it.

What Girls Said 5

• So what you should force yourself to go out with him even though you don't want to?
    No it's not judgmental, you simply don't have feelings for him and that's that.

• So what? You don't owe every guy a chance. He's asking you out to see if you like him. If you don't then say no. It's no more judgmental than a guy not asking a girl out because he doesn't like her

• I don't think so.. I shouldn't go out with someone your not attracted to or else your gonna pity date them nobody wants to be a pity date

• It is not judging. Dont like means dont like.
    I know your fren meant by giving the man a chance but why raise someone hope and smash it later.

• No, it means your not interested.