Guys, When is it too soon?

I have never gone on dates trying to find a match. Its more like talking, together then dates. I just broke up (yesterday) with my boyfriend of 3 years (lived together for 2.5 years of it) b/c we ended up wanting different things from life which led him to treating me very poorly. When is it too soon to discuss future, what they see their lives looking like, number of kids? I dont want to freak a guy out but I dont want to waste my time like I so clearly did with my ex.

7

Most Helpful Guy

• In my experience, this usually happens very soon in the relationship - first or second date, probably - in getting to know someone. It's part of the dating process to see if it's someone who would qualify for marriage and famiy.

What Guys Said 6

• You were only with your ex 3 years. If you want kids you will need to get to know a guy really well before bringing children into the world with him. If you do not, it will be the worst thing you have ever done. I would set the expectation, with the guy, that eventually you will want children. I do not know how old you are but adopting children is better than having them with someone you do not know very well simply because you are in a hurry.

• 3 months minimum. Personally After ending a relationship a year ago with my ex of 3 years I took off from dating now I am finally no longer treated poorly and happy as well as close to being back to my old self again

• 6 months, 1 year tops. Then he should be willing to discuss it. If he isn't then he probably isn't husband material, at least not yet.

• In my opinion, never is too soon to tell someone what you expect from your life. You're supposed to decide to keep your relationship or break up considering this expectations.

• Considering your age range, I would avoid talking serious before a good 3 months... minimum.

• do it casually on the first date. It's better to show some of your cards and fold before you go all out and lose.