Should I just give up on dating since I can't flirt?

I have Asperger's syndrome and flirting is just too hard. I don't know what to say and it takes me 10 minutes to text back because my language skills are so weak.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I can't flirt for shit as well but hey the only way you get good is by practicing right?

As any musician will tell you , it takes at least 10,000 hour for beginning of mastery of any musical instrument.

Have you spent 10,000 hours practicing?

What Girls Said 3

• Just be yourself and don't worry about whether you are flirting. I am a flirting mutant. I never realize that I am doing it and when someone flirts with me I never realize it until someone tells me. If you are just being you then what you say will come easier and you won't have to try so hard :-)

• Are you comfortable with flirting in person? Because you can always go that route.

• No because I don't know what to say.

• In that case, just forget about it in the sense that you should just let things happen naturally. Be genuine and you'll find someone who responds to that. Take up hobbies and follow your interests. You'll be okay.

• No, you don't need to be able to flirt to date

What Guys Said 4

• That's an option.

I've got to be honest. Unless you learn to become charming, you are not going to have success.

• This made me depressed. I tried the past 3 years to be charming but it simply can't be done.

• Nah bro, just live your life, do what you find fun to do. You'll meet someone with common interests one day. Everyone does, eventually :)

• A guy friend of mine has the exact same problem. Its never easy for him. But persistence eventually wins.

• Try humor. Say, "hi, I have assburgers!"