19 and pregnant, my mom hates my boyfriend... what do I do?

I'm 19 and pregnant, my boyfriend and I have been dating for a good while now, but there's only one thing that's in the way... it's my mom. She trys to run my life, she tells me to not talk to my boyfriend... she wants nothing to do with me or my child... I can't move out because I pay the cable and internet, and if I do move out she wants to keep everything.. she doesn't want me to tell anyone until she moves away from my dad... I just don't know what to do anymore, I feel so stressed out... to top it off I still have to tell my dad I'm pregnant...

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not the end of the world.
    Trust me IT WILL get better.
    I got pregnant at 22 (even though that's of age) my parents didn't think I was ready for it.
    Your Mom just needs time to get through the shock and emotions she is experiencing.
    When she sees her grand child... and how much you are trying for your child as a Mother, she will respect you and help guide you.
    (I hope)
    If she doesn't... try to do right by your child (ask your boyfriends parents for help).
    (Go on WIC or foodstamps) for a little while.
    Actively try to look for a job, or to College and get a degree.

What Guys Said 5

• What is done is done, she can't change the fact that you're pregnant and she has to accept it. It's your life, if you got pregnant accidentally it was your mistake and all she should do is supporting you as a mother and not exempting you of your responsibilities. In the end, all the decisions are yours and she should respect them even if she doesn't agree.

• but since u r an adult... she cannot tell about yer boyfriend... no?

• If you going to look after this child you are going to have to learn to be harder starting with your mom.

• If I were her I'd hate your boyfriend too.

Anyway, the first thing to think about is telling your dad.
    Then worrying about how you are going to finance your baby and keep him/her alive.

The last thing you should be worrying about is your immature boyfriend.

• Well... she honestly has no reason to hate my boyfriend, he has a good paying job, he's saving his money for our baby and looking for an apartment for us as well... she just doesn't want me with him, because she thinks he's ugly and a no good for nothing guy, which is not true.. she doesn't see what I see in him, she feels our relationship is going to be like her and my dad's which is not.. we actually know how to talk everything out..

• 🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵

What Girls Said 2

• You can tell your Mom that you are an adult now, and she needs to come to terms with that, or you can get a couple of roommates to split expenses with and you can move out. You don't have any obligation to pay her cable and internet if you aren't living there anymore. Do your boyfriend's patents get along with you?

• The cable and internet is under my name, i got it to help her out with her schooling, and his parents aren't with us anymore, they're in a much better place (god bless them)

• Oh, so very sorry to hear about his mom and dad. That must be hard. I hope that your mom comes around and that things get less stressful for you!

• Cut her out of your life. She sounds toxic.