Guys, what should I think about when I like a younger guy? He is 20 I'm 24. I think I overwhelm him?

11

Most Helpful Guy

• It's fine; 4 year difference is a good differential no matter which gender is older

What Guys Said 10

• That's a good age gap and as long as you can tolerate him being immature at times, you will be able to mold him into the man you want. Just don't be a high maintenance bitch queen, and you are in the enviable position to be able to engineer your ideal husband.

• You should think about having a good time with him. Just like would do you with a guy that was 24, or 34, or 44, or 54. Age doesn't matter. Only compatibility of two people.

• I dated a 31year old when I was 19. It was nothing of a big deal. As long as he is 20 and at least acts 20, whats the problem

• why do you think you overwhelm him?

• Because we went in one date and then the weekend after we had sex. It was amazing and I think he thought that too. Then he said he needs his own time and he is not looking for a relationship. Now I haven't heard from him since Sunday. . Should I text him? I will see him on Friday .

• well it doesn't sound like you overwhelmed him necessarily as much as he doesn't seem to be looking for anything serious. now that could be an excuse because he's overwhelmed but honestly it doesn't really sound like that's the case... to me it sounds like he is looking for more of a casual thing. Should you text him? sure, but if you are going to see him Friday you don't need to press any issues.

but you should be alert to whether or not he is in it for something serious or just looking to hook up

• uh-oh... no big difference ;)

• 20 24 - no difference
    16 - 20 - a world of difference.

Either you should rephrase your concern or there is no concern at all.

• That's not a big deal. You are close enough in age. You are not overwhelming him, at least not with your age?

• I was 19 dating a 27 year old, it was a great relationship?

• As long as you don't like him BECAUSE he's 20

• Just don't worry about if they are too concerned about age difference for it to overwhelm them don't put in the effort.