Pretty sure everyone hates my boyfriend, and I have no idea why?

Ok so I've been dating this guy for about a year. He's not the smartest guy ever (but not stupid), and he's not all that social. But he is really sweet, and attractive in my opinion. But the thing is everyone seems to hate him. He hangs out with a total of about 3 people (not including me), and everyone else acts like they want nothing to do with him. People constantly call him stupid, retarded, dumbass, disgusting, ugly, and awkward. I don't think he's any of these.) And ever since we started dating a lot of the hate has been put on me. Now people call me stupid, and constantly tell me that im gross and "retarded" for dating him. There is nothing wrong with him, (and I'm not just saying that), and I'm pretty sure everyone (including my friends) think that I'm a freak for being with him. But I actually do love him and I don't want to break up with him, but I also don't want everyone to think I'm a freak either. So I'm not really sure what to do? by the way we're juniors n highschool, so kinda why this seems like such a big deal.

Most Helpful Guy

• he maybe a douche or has a really bad reputaion

• Nope, I've known him all my life and he's always just been the quiet guy. Also, this is pretty much his first real relationship

• Don't worry about those other people. It's only what you and him thinks that really matters.

• They are just mostly jealous

What Guys Said 1

• does he have any bad rep maybe?

• No, unless I'm missing something. He's just quiet, and kinda a loner

What Girls Said 2

• If he hasn't done anything to cause this treatment and he's good to you I think u should continue dating him

• just ignore them.